Rifles to be thankful for!

4snipers2.jpg

I really like those old target scopes. I see that you even have the rubber eyecup on the Unertl.

Yes, the 24X Unertl has the eye piece and steel lens caps in place. The rifle still shoots very well. .243Win. I like to use it on big prairie dogs! <8^)
I have to admit the Burris Signature scopes, seen on the two black rifles, is clearer and of course gives a better field of vision.

Thank you for the compliment. I was not kidding when I said that I am thankful. Last year I lost the sight in my right/master eye due to cataracts and a pre-glaucoma condition. This August, I went to the Gainesville Florida VA Hospital and they put a brand new lens in my eye. On Oct. first I was in Wyoming hunting and bagging a mule deer and a pronghorn. For me, what the doctors did was miraculous. Thank God we live in a time where at 64 years of age, I can be patched up and allowed to go hunting for many more years.

I have had both eyes worked on. Over here they called it Pure Vision but basically it is lense replacement. Each lense is like a ringed bullseye with alternating near then far then near etc... rings. Your brain has to learn how to use them. Best thing I ever did. a bit on the pricy side since my insurance would not pay a dime but had no choice as I was losing vision every year. Isnt it great to see? Glad for you.

Long

Oh yeah, being able to see clearly again and shoot is a blessing. Glad to hear that the docs fixed you up as well.

I'm proud ta see that thar collection! I duz believe we'uns lacks the same kind of 'stuff'! I've got two Unertl scopes a sittin idle right now but I've got a place for 'em ta go; just ain't got round ta mountin 'em yet! Been shootin 'em for bout nigh onta 50 years now and they always perform great!

Yep....the lens replacements WORK! Had that done in my left eye bout 8 years back and at 66....I can still see a knats ass from 200 yds.! Got me a small 'floater' that I wish the Doc's could 'zap' but they tell me that if they do that....there's a danger of 'detached retina' which I don't want!! But....I can still see well enuff to 'plop' 570 grainers from this .45/110 into the ten ring from 1000 yds. with regularity!!

I'd reckon that be ya sight settings for those target knobs taped on that rifle shown! I have those on all my hunting rifles....and it's a NO CONTEST to busting a buck's ass from 600 yds. as long as he ain't moving!!

Good arsenal! I like 'em!! :wink: :lol:

Back