Sako 75 Hunter Question

Scorpion210

Beginner
Dec 29, 2004
I recently purchased a used Sako 75 Hunter from a local gun shop. Does anyone know if you can tell the year of production from the serial number and how to do it?

Looks like that is my only option as I have been unable to find anything on the internet on this subject.

If your rifle is pre beretta they wont be of any help, at least they were not for me. I ended up calling Sako in Finland and they gave me the info on the spot. You could possibly email them also.

Long

Long

As I understand it, Baretta and Sako joined together in 2000. I have finally had someone on another forum come up with an email address for Sako in Finnland. I have sent an email and am waiting a response. Sako's website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of customer support.

Thanks

I would not disagree with you about the website. You could wait weeks. That is why I called them. It was very fast, the whole thing only took a few minutes. I guess I could have been lucky though, cuz I had no idea what time it was in Finland when I called. I dont have the number anymore as I called them a couple of years ago. But it was in regards to a rifle built in 1997. I must have gotten the phone number off of their website though.

Long

I found out the gun was built in September 2004...newer than I thought. Thanks for the help.

Back