Glass Bedding a Ruger

panhandlepr1

Beginner
Nov 6, 2006
I have glass bedded several Remingtons of my own with good success and now have two Ruger 77 MII's that I think that could be improved by bedding them. Is there any secrets or advise that anyone could pass on before I start on these two rifles. They look a little more complicated than the Remingtons and I want to do it correctly. Thanks

Panhandlepr

While I haven't had mine bedded yet, I have been thinking about it. Both of my Rugers are the Stainless-Synthetic versions with the new style stocks. The only thing I have done so far is Free Float the Barrels, and am pleased with the accuracy. Unfortunately I am like a lot of us gun nuts and am always wondering if I can make em better.

Brownells sells a pillar kit for the Rugers. The front pillar is cut to the proper length and engle, and the rear pillar is the proper length according to the info on the Brownells web site.

Not the same as the centerfire Rugers, but I had a local gunsmith Pillar / Glass Bed my Ruger K77/22VBZ in .22 LR. We had a local machinist make a Recoil Lug / Pillar for the front of the action, and just used an alluminum pillar for the rear of the action. Roger then bedded both ends of the action and an area between the Magazine Cutout and the Trigger Cutout. Roger did such a fantastic job I think I could hold this rifle together with rubber bands and it would still shoot good.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Larry

Back