New build-- 28 Nosler-----update----FINISHED!!!!

jezzolo

Handloader
Nov 14, 2005
Well I finally put up some coin and bought some components.. A Stiller predator action, a nightforce nxs 5.5x22x50mm, and will be placing an order on a Huber concepts trigger..

Going with a Hart barrel and a Mcmillian stock.

Will take about 30ish days for scope to get here and the action will be here after the check gets to Texas and clears.. Will post some pictures after its done. Just wanted to start a thread.

Any input on what I bought so far???

I would prefer a cut rifled barrel from Krieger or Bartlein but I've had many accurate Harts over the years. The rest of it looks pretty top notch.

I think he did mention the Krieger but they are taking longer to get I think was why we went with hart.

I have a couple of Hart barrels. They have served me well. Looks to be a great build.

I'd think about your barrel specs a bit. I would really consider a 1:8 or 1:8.5 twist. And make sure you have plenty of throat to use whatever long bullets are out there. The 175 NABLR would be killer, but Berger 195 EOL Elite Hunter would certainly catch my attention.

NWBlacktail":2vmo1uwk said:
I'd think about your barrel specs a bit. I would really consider a 1:8 or 1:8.5 twist. And make sure you have plenty of throat to use whatever long bullets are out there. The 175 NABLR would be killer, but Berger 195 EOL Elite Hunter would certainly catch my attention.

This!!!!!

Nothing wrong with a Hart barrel.
4c083def-4cb1-472c-b4aa-e0c35abcceb6.jpg

JD338

Update, ordered action, scope and trigger just waiting on them to show up so I can dropped the stuff off at the gunsmith. Ordered a 2 3/4 pound 2 stage from huber concepts.

My buddy has the Huber trigger in his custom 35 Whelen. Excellent trigger.

Your build sounds pretty danged good. What twist are you planning to run?

Sounds like this is going to be an awesome rifle when complete. Are you planning on using the McMillan Hunter Edge carbon stock?

Congratulations on this new 28 Nosler it should be a dandy as all the right components are being used. I am looking forward to photos as the build progresses (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I'm tossed between a McMillan hunter or a manners.... Update, the place where I'm getting the action cashed my check soooo I'm going to assume that will be shipped soon if it hasn't already, pic will follow. Emailed nightforce and the scope is two weeks out...

Rail added to prevent binding....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    718.1 KB · Views: 3,845
Grove cut into lug to ride the rail...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3,845
Overall package with, bottom metal (bdl style) rail and tactical bolt knob.. Nothing together just kinda set it up to give you all a visualization cuz I KNOW you all love pics....cuz if there is no pics it's not true , right??? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,845
Back