Nosler M48 Threaded Barrel Info

TDMVA

Beginner
Apr 18, 2016
I'm new to the forum and have learned interesting and hopefully useful info about the M48 liberty barrel today.

My goal is to suppress my Liberty 300wm. It comes with a 24" magnum contour barrel.

- I confirmed with Nosler the OD of the Magnum Contour barrel that Nosler puts on the gun is .65

- Nosler's threaded barrel option (for breaks) is confirmed by Nosler to be a 1/2x28

- .30 cal cans typically have a 5/8x24 thread but can go as low as 9/16x24. A good resource I found in researching threading for cans was from Thunderbeast here: https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications

- Per the diagram in the link above and that company the Nosler .65 barrel would be too small for a 9/16x24 as that requires .662. The shoulder would be too small if factoring a .003 shoulder (Thunderbeast requires that).

- There are companies who will allow a smaller shoulder for a 9/16x24 thread with the .65 barrel. They want .002 on each end. They can in fact do a 9/16x24 threaded break for the .30 cal can. In fact, some have a 1/2x28 brake for a .30 cal.

Do your research for your barrel. this is what I discovered the last couple days. Glad I an suppress this rifle. They're just plain fun.

Back