Christensen Carbon Fiber Wrapped Barrels

Dec 6, 2004
Friends-

I just came off of a five day hunting trip in deep South Texas in the some of the best White Tailed Deer Country in the world and I took my custom Model 70 Stainless in .300 Ultra Mag. It has a fluted Krieger #6 barrel. It is a tack driver.

Here’s the problem, it weighs a ton. Great for shooting off of the bench but, for quick target acquisition in the field; the rifle leaves something to be desired. Spending hours upon hours upon a tripod glassing and thinking about a solution to my dilemma I thought of Christensen as I has seen several articles about their carbon fiber process. I am giving serious consideration to having my barrel re-done in carbon fiber. Please give me your thoughts.

In terms of weight reduction, what do you think I can achieve?

What do you think of their process and the quality of their barrels?

Thanks in advance.

Good question I want to keep this on the top, I personally haven't used them, nor do I know of anybody that has. I keep in contact with some of their staff...good people over there.

I also would like some info.

I HAVE A CHRISTENSEN ARMS IN 300 WBY. IT IS A CARBON CUSTOM. THEY GUARANTEE .5 MOA. THEY ARE RIGHT OF THE FIRST 5 LOADS I CHECKED 3 OUT OF 5 WERE UNDER .5 WITH THE BEST BEING A .29 IN A 3 SHOT GROUP. VERY EXPENSIVE RIFLE THOUGH, STARTS AT 3200.
I LOVED IT SO MUCH I JUST HAD A GUN OF MINE REBARRELLED BY THEM.

Back