New sights for my mouse gun!

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I picked up a Williams receiver sight for my Benjamin 397 the other day. Unfortunately the screw that holds the elevator in place was stripped out from the factory. Luckily I have a large cut full of misc screws and found one to replace it. It was simple to install and get zeroed in.

As it was, the aperture was a little smaller than I would like for hunting sight, but when removed the ghost ring was thin enough it would wash out in low light. A quick zip with a 9/64th drill bit made the perfect compromise.

Anyone looking into an air gun for pest control should look really hard at this Benjamin air rifle and definitely add the Williams sight.

Unfortunately I seem to have cleared out all my garage mice so hunting hasn't been very good since I got the new sights. Still fun shooting the swingers though.

d94dbcbe1d03ebaf32bae4fd357a6c03.jpg

bd2ec8f525674d47432a969c3f63510a.jpg

Here is a 10 shot group fired prone from my back door across the kitchen to the garage door, 34'. It was a really good looking group until I threw shot 7 to the right!

566f52874b3e8974b3045e7889b4c434.jpg

Another unseasonably warm day with snow and freezing rain in Alaska, can you tell I'm ready for winter to be over yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shooting, air guns will surprise you.
I was bright sunshine and clear blue sky here on the east coast with an unusual 79*F.

Very nice but a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 Compact would be better. :)
That rifle is a shooter. Any luck yet with the mice?

JD338

I really like my Bug Buster UTG scope. Parallax settings for air rifle distances help a lot.

Just the one mouse so far

Attachments

• 16641038_10155254611005166_6556595921971409817_n.jpg
    16641038_10155254611005166_6556595921971409817_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,791
Bear,

Congratulations on the mouse. Well done sir.
You have a Minute of Mouse rifle. :)

JD338

That's taking the game to the mice! Nothing quite a frightening as a mouse charge!

DrMike":1p8mzx52 said:
That's taking the game to the mice! Nothing quite a frightening as a mouse charge!

Just ask my wife, she screams at the sight of one!

Thebear_78":12vidk33 said:
DrMike":12vidk33 said:

Just ask my wife, she screams at the sight of one!

Oh, I believe it! The stories I could tell of having to tackle these beasties with nothing but native ingenuity--and that in short supply! :shock: The whole time my wife helping me by screaming at the top of her lungs pointing various directions while grabbing my arm and spinning me about until I thought I had become a gyroscope! :mrgreen: She tells me there are only two things that frighten her--bears and mice. And I would take no bets on which of the two is the more serious fright for her.

I know what you mean! I've seen my wife shoo away a cow moose with nothing but a broom, but a screeching lunatic at the sight of a tiny mouse

not to steal a thread Bear,,,,I really like your artillery. Precision rodent sniping at its finest. A peep sight to fit an air rifle- cool! Made me think of my original rodent rifle. It is pictured below with the D-4 weaver my Dad gave me. That scope put me on more equal footing with the other guys who could sneak uo on sparrows better than me. My "sniping" career began at age 12. When the picture was taken the combo had been around for 30+ years. More now.... Untold hours of fun is an air rifle. I have such a sentimental attachment I cant bring myself to buy a nice rifle like yours. CL

Looks like it's still working CL

I had an old daisy 880 multipump that I must have shot 10s of thousands of BBs thru. All day long I shot that thing from bumble bees and dragon flies on the wing to blackbirds, frogs, fish and any other little object I figured needed a BB put in it. It was a blast. It's a shame I live in town so my kids don't get the same experience.

Thebear_78":1h5bb3bf said:
Looks like it's still working CL

I had an old daisy 880 multipump that I must have shot 10s of thousands of BBs thru. All day long I shot that thing from bumble bees and dragon flies on the wing to blackbirds, frogs, fish and any other little object I figured needed a BB put in it. It was a blast. It's a shame I live in town so my kids don't get the same experience.

So true- now the only things our kids see are the "bad guys" carrying rifles. Daughter is a good outdoorswoman (for a city kid) but has zero interest in the shooting sports. CL

1302e7b5eef95f072ca550be42b93393.jpg

First one of the year, this little bugger was crafty and had avoided all traps. Had to wait this little bugger out.

Just think....... people probably thought I was crazy sitting here watching tv with a rifle all night!

Recovered the pellet, complete pass thru and barely stuck in the baseboard trim.

a89143e01e8db92695b57bfbeaa32864.jpg

Excellent marksmanship! (y) Great performance on those Nosler(?) pellets. :mrgreen:

TB that is the best way to watch a little TV if the show is boring you can hunt Mice :lol:! Life does not get :lol: much better than this.

Blessings,
Dan

Back