A little hunting rifle practice

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
An old friend met me at the range this morning, and once again the rivalry was ON! :grin: We were practicing with our hunting rifles. He had his battered Rem 700 in .300 Win mag. That rifle has been on many hunting trips, on several continents, and has killed a lot of game. He was using his standard handload, built around the 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip. Last year he took bear and moose with that combo.

I had my .30-06 Rem 700 CDL, and the .375 H&H Model 70. We practiced at 100, 200 and 300 yards. Paper at 100 & 200, and I'd placed a steel gong at 300 yards. What a hoot!

.30-06, 200 gr Nosler Partition, stout load of H4350 at a tad over 2600 fps. Cold bore, 100 yd shot. I'll take that any day!
53d5Lktl.jpg

ZibRoD4l.jpg

And I shot the .375 nearly as well, using 260 gr Nosler Accubonds over RL-15 for 2800+ fps:
RfypmS7l.jpg

We had a great time shooting together, as we have so many times in the past. At the end of the session, he claims he shot better, and of course I actually shot better... :wink:

I hope we get another 20 years of giving each other grief, and advice, at the range, and a few more hunts together as well.

Regards, Guy

Very nice. That 06 is shooting real well!

Seems like you've pumped up your 375 load Guy!

Ya, and there is a difference in recoil... But it's still accurate.

Here's to that next twenty years, Guy. Yeah, I'd take that accuracy at 100 yards! Very nice.

Very Nice Guy... The wood on your Model 70 is beautiful.. Wishing you 20+ more years of good health and good hunting with your buddies.

Darn Fine shooting Guy. I love to knock'm down with my 06 and the 165gn BT H4350 is just plain magic in an 06. Hats off to you and your friend. Hope you two have a pile more years together.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DrMike":2wsp3ka6 said:
Here's to that next twenty years, Guy. Yeah, I'd take that accuracy at 100 yards! Very nice.

+1 That is always fun! Nice rifles and good shooting! CL Hey it looks Warm out there !:mrgreen: CL

Nice Shooting there buddy! I'd be willing to bet you both bring a lot to the table to keep each other young at heart and soul.

Best wishes to you both, friends are always a gift in life.

Back