On my Brother in Laws wall.

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
My sister and the Major recently moved into their retirement home, complete with a 600 yard rifle range. He's been retired for five years, sis pulls the plug in June. Getting the tour found this presentation piece on the wall a gift from the Battalion. IMG_1028.JPG
He thinks we should shoot it some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressive. I see why he would display such accomplishments!

That is very nice, please give him my congratulations and thanks for his service (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Way COOL! I dig that.

Best Ranger is no joke. Sounds like he was a machine.

He was, hell still a ranger. He was not the top ranger. He was an instructor and unless deployed was always at the competition, evaluator and such. He was one of those officers who had pull enough to select his teams when he felt the need. I don't recall which, silver or bronze stars came in Afghanistan. Got his back broken in a fall, sent his team to complete their critical mission, leaving him in a safe place. Another group of taliban found him. He killed them all. He still walks but has trouble with his legs going numb. Sister was pissed, been through everything since panama. Tough yep.

Rangers lead the way !

Thank him for me, for his service.
And heavens yes he needs to shoot that !!!!

Hats off to your Brother in law! Major Hats off..... He was obviously very good at perfecting his skills, and a good man!

Best wishes to them both. I'd bet though the presented gift unfired will retain the greatest value. He could get another one to use, and hand it down which would still mean the same to the benefactor whom receives it?

He has two if not three, an M1A scout and a National Match. My sister is the voice of reason.

I'm always amazed at how lucky we are to have folks like the Major. If not for them and the rest of the service men and women defending our way of life................................

Yes we are fortunate to have men and women willing to sacrifice so much..

Back