In Trouble Now - New Rifle on the way

idahohunter8

Beginner
May 7, 2015
Wife doesn't know yet, but I am working on that...

Ordered a new Tikka T3X Lite SS 22-250 W/ 1/8" Twist. This is a special run that is being offered by Whittaker's. Going to load 75-80 grain VLD type bullets and sling them out really far at the steel. Got a SWFA SS 10X42 MIL/MIL that I will put on it. Should make one dandy little coyote/steel banging rifle.

Heck, would probably also make one heck of a deer/antelope rifle for a young shooter or someone recoil sensitive.

Will post pics once I get it.

Sounds like a great rifle! A new rifle can certainly get the blood pumping a little faster! Looking forward to the pictures.

idahohunter8 said:

you guys worry about this and make it harder than it needs to be.

Tell her you want to take her to Paris, or Rome and enjoy doing nothing but shopping and sightseeing with her while you are there -- or Tahiti . tell her you rented one of those over the ocean bungalows and arranged for her to spend time in their spa each day getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or her whatever they offer and she wants. when on the plane to the destination of her choice tell her, oh by the way I got a really good deal on a rifle I have been wanting, then immediately ask her to look at something in the guide book from your destination city .

Love the Tikks.s and so will you. good rifle, congratulations

Europe":3lh7qnyl said:
idahohunter8":3lh7qnyl said:

you guys worry about this and make it harder than it needs to be.

Tell her you want to take her to Paris, or Rome and enjoy doing nothing but shopping and sightseeing with her while you are there -- or Tahiti . tell her you rented one of those over the ocean bungalows and arranged for her to spend time in their spa each day getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or her whatever they offer and she wants. when on the plane to the destination of her choice tell her, oh by the way I got a really good deal on a rifle I have been wanting, then immediately ask her to look at something in the guide book from your destination city .

Love the Tikks.s and so will you. good rifle, congratulations
I just figure what she doesn't know won't hurt her... The safe has so much in it that she doesn't even notice if there is a new resident... We've always kept separate bank accounts, learned that lesson with my first marriage... So that makes it a little easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Y'all need to read the "Gun Running" chapter in Patrick McManus' book, "The Grasshopper Trap." Good stuff!! :)

My wife says "If you want another rifle,you have to get rid of one you already have." Been easy in years past,but now,I have the ones I want and it's harder to chose which ones are to be traded.

Lol. Sounds like my wife. She keeps reminding when her dad passes I'll get all of his.... hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up an original T-3 22-250 the other day at Scheels. I wasn't shopping for one but when I found it on clearance for $399 brand new I thought it ought to come home with me.

I guess I'm lucky, my wife doesn't complain about the guns, bows, etc I buy but then again she knows about them from the beginning so it's not a shock.

Ron

bdbrown66":2gjbpv4e said:
Y'all need to read the "Gun Running" chapter in Patrick McManus' book, "The Grasshopper Trap." Good stuff!! :)
Good stuff for sure. That has to be one of the funniest short stories ever written!

Back