New VX6 on my baby - (the 270)

idahohunter8

Beginner
May 7, 2015
Talleys came in today so I was able to get the new scope mounted on the 270. Its a VX6 2-12X42 Plex CDS. This scope replaces the 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest it had before. I did this in an attempt to better utilize it's capabilities as a mid range (out to 600 yards) big game rifle. (Even though I have never shot an animal beyond 400 yards) This rifle shoots 129 gr. Barnes LRX bullets into tiny little clusters at 3200 FPS and the ballistics chart give this some great numbers out to 600 ish.

Next step is to get out and do a new site in with the scope and do one last trajectory/speed validation before sending in for my CDS dial.

Now before everyone starts yelling at me for not going with a SS or NF for a dialing scope, please keep in mind, I am not looking to turn turrets every day. This is my hunting rifle. I will play with the dialing this summer as I get some steel shooting practice in and in a hunting scenario, if I have to dial it hopefully is one time, SO as far as reliability and return to zero - for this scope - that was secondary in the search. I wanted top notch optics, that were lightweight, but could still get me to 600 and within my budget (got this off the auction site for $200 less than new retail)

Crazy thing is, according to the specs, the scope only weighs approx. 1.5 oz more than the 1" zeiss. Optically, just what I can see on my back porch at dusk - I am very pleased.

Attachments

• vx6.jpg
    vx6.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 785
The VX6 is an excellent scope; and that one looks very handsome when secured on your rifle.

You'll love that VX6. I put one on a rifle and am not sorry. In my eyes it is a tad better than the conquest. That's high praise from a Zeiss fan boy. :>)

Great scope. I mounted the same scope with the WindPlex FireDot reticle on my girlfriend's M48 280AI.

JD338

Got 4 of the VX-6's now. One is on my favorite rifle, my 264WM. It has been dialed up and down and is working fine for it. I have 3 of the 3-18x models, two 3-18x44's on a 243 and 25-06 and the 3-18x50 on the 264. All have the TMOA reticle and CDS. I have a 1-6x CDS also that came with a Ruger Scout rifle I bought, mounted conventionally not forward. The 3-18x50 model stays right with the Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 on my 300WM in low light. I've had both out side by side until dark and they are impressive.

I have a 2-12 X 42mm VX6 on my 280AI and I have to admit it is my favourite scope :wink:. I have other quality scopes but for some reason it just suits me (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I have two of them myself with the #4 reticle. Ones on my 338 and the other is on my Newton. The eye relief and eye box are excellent. The view through them is pretty danged close to my Swaro as well.

Back