A story about an encounter with a Husky 640

thank you for the post. I read your other stories listed as well. Very nicely done on all four stories, enjoyed them. Loved the moose reply, remembered in Alaska, we thought fishing was "catching" not fishing, and wanted to ask about the cabin in the picture of the story's, is it yours, I like it

Europe":3lb90s97 said:
wanted to ask about the cabin in the picture of the story's, is it yours, I like it

It's not mine, it's just a file photo the editor rounded up. I keep wanting to get a cabin somewhere but keep spending money on rifles and air charters instead!

Great story, Mike! I am reminded of an old mentor of mine, and I might have told this before - he was an enthusiast, lucky, and had a lot of experience. Also somewhat gullible, as the little Sako .308 he used in later years was sold to him by a salesman who told him it had special rifling which made the bullet accelerate AFTER it left the muzzle. He believed it wholeheartedly, and with the confidence borne from that belief, made amazing shots and harvested a huge pile of elk, deer, antelope, and a moose or two.
EE2

lefty315":2xq1ms9p said:
Excellent read! Whatever happened to old Tom?

I lost track of him over the years, saw him in Nuiqsuit a couple of years after this took place. I did hear he settled at one point in Nenana, but that's been 5 years back.

Funny how people come and go from your life like that.

Enjoyed the heck out of that story!

I think you should have put a front sight on that rifle for him... :grin:

Guy

Back