Lever Action Speed Shooting!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006

I don't know this fellow, and it's not my photo. I just came across it cruising Facebook. My goodness! Ya gotta love that lever action speed!

Any "Cowboy Action Shooters" here? I don't do that sport, but I'm glad so many people do, and I'm impressed with their skills.

Guy

Cool photo for sure.
It gets me thinking...
I have cycled my levers empty but never live fire. Guess I should some day.
Has anyone here ever fired their lever gun rapid fire?

JD338

tHE 1873 AND ITS CLONES ARE wayyyyyyyyy easier to cycle than the others.

When I had my 336 Marlin 30-30- I tried to John Wayne it one time and regretted doing it since it put a lot of strain on my right hand while working the action. The shorter throw of a lever on a rifle chambered for a pistol cartridge would be easier to operate.

Shot cowboy action for four years till my shooting partner passed away. It was always a hoot! A slicked up '73 is fast. A single action with a spring kit and a little trigger work can be very fast and accurate to boot. I always liked the 45colt or the 44-40. My partner liked the speed he could get from a light 38 special and his wife shot a 32. I even did mounted shooting for a couple of years. I had a damn fine mule that'd do anything thing I asked of him - miss him a lot. Believe it or not the hardest thing about the mounted shooting was holstering an empty pistol while at a dead run. The shooting was with blanks at balloons and was kinda like skeet shooting except the gun was moving not the clay. My handle was Kid Calhoun and later I. Xavier Soule(a preacher character like Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider.

Scott

bdbrown66":1cv5ed2w said:
I'll be impressed when I see him doing that with a .45-70. ;)

+1

Still impressive if he keeps on target even with the milder loads.

I saw some videos of that guy. He's amazingly fast with rifle and revolver.

Ya, they're light loads, but that's what his sport requires. Speedy working the firearm, and light loads.

I'll see if I can re-locate those videos. The guy is amazingly fast!

Guy

Holy smokes!! I can't afford to practice shooting like that. Guess I'll stick with accuracy instead. :)

Back