Independence Day at the Range

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Took two of my favorite hunting rifles to the range this morning. What a fine start to Independence Day! Refined the zeros, and got some practice in at 100, 200 and 300 yards.

Ruger Number One .375 H&H with a 3x Leupold, zeroed at 100 yards, with handloaded 270 grain Hornady round-nose soft point bullets. It is a pretty good thumper and I've shot three black bears with it in the past. I had no problem with it at 200 or 300 yards either.

J1toCsjl.jpg

XNomgggl.jpg

Also hauled out the deer, antelope and coyote slaying .25-06 Remington 700 CDL. Have a new scope on it, a fixed 6x36 Leupold with LR dots. I like it! Zeroed it today at 200 yards, with the 115 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip "Blue Cyclone" ammo at 3120 fps. Tried the dots for the first time today and found them to be helpful at 300+ yards.

BbwUu2Ml.jpg

A mighty fine start to the day, and am back inside before the temps climb too much.

Enjoy the day!

Guy

That would be a fine start to almost any day. Looks as if you are enjoying great weather. Good show, Guy.

Love that #1 setup Guy! Really like the looks of that fixed 6x too. Both great looking setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great rifle that #1 Guy! Like the CDL in 25-06 and the scope you chose is a sweetheart. 6x36 with standard duplex reticle is what I put on my wifes 700 Mountain Rifle in 25-06! I think the long range duplex is a great idea and would have gotten it at the time if they made it then. Guess I could send it in for an upgrade on reticle! HMMMMMM not a bad idea.

Back