What a deal on a Tikka 25-06! HURRY

In a local store they have a clearance rack of new guns that never sold. Yesterday there was a tikka T3 in 25/06 for $475. If that's still there in a month or two I may snatch it up. There is also two TC Icons there. One has the normal bolt and the other has the butter knife bolt. The reason they have not sold is because they are chambered in 30 TC. Very nice feeling rifles. Both are on sale for $400. I've walked by them for months trying to talk myself into them lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one nice looking Tikka, and in a 25-06.
Someone got themselves a real nice flat liner.

JD338

Cleveland48":2bd7ctqx said:
In a local store they have a clearance rack of new guns that never sold. Yesterday there was a tikka T3 in 25/06 for $475. If that's still there in a month or two I may snatch it up. There is also two TC Icons there. One has the normal bolt and the other has the butter knife bolt. The reason they have not sold is because they are chambered in 30 TC. Very nice feeling rifles. Both are on sale for $400. I've walked by them for months trying to talk myself into them lol.

I bet you could get the T/C rechambered to 308 Win a nominal fee and have a nice rig.

JD338

It's crossed my mind more than once. Heck with as much 6.5 CM brass as I have icould just neck some up! I'm pretty sure that is the 6.5's parent case anyways. I really like those rifles when they first came out, especially the ones with the butter knife bolt handle. I feel that tikka may be calling my name though! I've personally never owned a 25/06, but I've shat many that my brother has owned. Always kinda had a soft spot for it.

Cleveland48":2stn86wz said:
It's crossed my mind more than once. Heck with as much 6.5 CM brass as I have icould just neck some up! I'm pretty sure that is the 6.5's parent case anyways. I really like those rifles when they first came out, especially the ones with the butter knife bolt handle. I feel that tikka may be calling my name though! I've personally never owned a 25/06, but I've shat many that my brother has owned. Always kinda had a soft spot for it.

That could be a real bargain. As JD338 suggested, it would relatively simple to rechamber to something else you might want if you weren't keen on loading for the 30 TC.

Those Icons were really nice rifles. Shame they didn't catch on.

A guy could easily rechamber to .308 or re-barrel to any short action and have a really nice rifle.

Of course for a hand loader- the .30TC is a piece of cake if you have brass.....brass, dies, and ammo are all still available.

I do wonder with the popularity of the 6.5 and the 6 Creedmoor....if we'll see a 7.62 Creedmoor...which is the .30 TC!

I have one of the Tikka's in 25-06 and it is a wonderful lightweight whitetail rifle. Very accurate and easy to load for.

Ron

rjm158":3bo3fac4 said:
I have one of the Tikka's in 25-06 and it is a wonderful lightweight whitetail rifle. Very accurate and easy to load for.

Ron
That's not helping any! Really fighting the urge to not loose control of my wallet lol.

That's not helping any! Really fighting the urge to not loose control of my wallet lol.

Try it, you'll like it! (y) :lol: :mrgreen:

Back