what a joy

str8meat

Handloader
Jul 20, 2008
ok so my bud buys a browning x bolt in the hells canyon version 6.5 creedmor. tops it with a nightforce 4.5x14x50 shv i believe. we go to the range sunday morning and i have to say what a joy to shoot and handle. gun shoots sub moa off the bipod on the bench. recoild was light and quite pleasant accuracy was 3 shots at 100 being covered by a dime. hornady 143 eldx i believe were the rounds. 2700 fps the round isnt getting anywhere fast but accuracy is final. killed a couple rocks at 600 then went to 975 and killed a couple more. very impressed with the x bolt hells canyon and the 6.5 round. i may have been bitten by the 6.5, but i will be a 26 nosler. ohhhh to have a bottomless pocket book.

oh i know they do i will have to be a really good boy for santa this year.

I have shown several 270/30-06 shooter friends of mine the ballistic numbers out to 500 yards and they are amazed that "little" cartridge can throw bullets that retain that much energy that far.

Very impressed with mine so far (Weatherby Vanguard) and it has shot virtually everything well, but really likes the LRAB's.

Ron

The 6.5 Creedmoor is an amazing and accurate round. That is excellent shooting for an out of the box rifle.

I have to wait 5 more months turn around time to get mine. :shock:

6.5 CM is a joy to shoot and handload for no doubt. I've always had good accuracy with the a-bolts and x-bolts. I think they are fine rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The little 6.5 kills far out of proportion to it's size. I'm going to miss my 6.5 tack driver.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back