Name of company

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Good evening, I am trying to get the name of the company that does rechambering at decent price & in a reasonable length of time :wink:.
I am sure Rodger used the company :wink:.
My memory is getting shorter :oops:
It is for a friend that lives south of the 49th.
Thank you.

Blessings,
Dan

JES did pretty good work for me as well. What cartridge is your buddy looking to get done Dan?

JES did a rebore for me and I can't praise his work enough. From Ohio to Oregon and back to my door in 3 weeks. UPS did a wonderful job of showing how carelessly they handle packages which resulted in some damage to my action. JES had the forethought/experience to carefully salvage all the broken parts and return them to me. If he hadn't, there was one single link pin that the MFG would absolutely not release to my gunsmith making the repairs. He saved the entire project by doing so.

My buddy ha a less than plesant experience with JES. His rifle actually split the barrel and destroyed the stock on his rebored .35 Whelen. He got his barreled action back this week from JES with a cross threaded replacement .30-06 barrel.

Now I don't know exactly what went on between JES and my buddy, but he blew his rifle up after shooting factory ammunition in the rifle per JES's request. I do know my buddy tried to tell JES that the bore was undersized, but JES said that wasn't the issue. After JES recieved the barreled action back he said he'd make it right, but the pictures I've seen of it he didn't.

My rifle blew up! Link

I had my moments with him also when he short chambered the barrel and couldn't chamber SAAMI length ammo in it with out jamming the lands and seating the bullet deeper when chambering a round. I sent him 3 dummy rounds along with the barreled action back to correct the chamber and he sent it back with a Weatherby free bore length chamber.
I must say it will be a cold day in H%ll before I spend anymore money with him.
I'll spend the money for a new barrel first.

Scott he has a 280 in a CDL SE & would like it to be a 280AI :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":26h0h2lf said:
Scott he has a 280 in a CDL SE & would like it to be a 280AI :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

I'd give Kevin Weaver of Weaver Rifles a call. Very good dude and extremely fair in price.

Kevin is a good guy to deal with, but just about any decent smith can handle the job. I would try to find one locally before I mailed one off to Kevin. Shouldn't cost more than around $300 to have the job done, it would cost more than $300 for Kevin to do it by the time you have paid shipping both ways.

Just make sure they set the barrel back before the rechamber and all will be good. Though if your buddy loads his own ammunition and works up using .270 Win data watching for pressure signs, he'll find he's not trailing the .280 AI by much if any at all. The only thing the AI will really do for him is extend case life, the poor .280 was screwed up by Remington from the get go.

Back