.223 AR barrel?

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
Looking for information on what barrel maker to check out when looking for a fast twist .223 AR15 barrel?

I would like the barrel to be 18-20" and shoot heavy bullets. The purpose of the upper is more for the range not field.

Thanks

I'd look at Wilson Combat, and if you are interested in one, I can probably get you a discount.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Of course, they are only Stainless, if you want CM, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Depends on your specific needs. The Gold standard for heavy bullets can be found in the various "National Match" uppers. Keystone and White oak on the high end, Rock River in the mid range, and DPMS, Stag and Bushmaster on the lower. I believe some of these use the same barrel maker, just different levels of attention to detail in fabrication.

If you want good quality for casual range shooting, a Rock River Arms complete national match A4 upper would be a good bet. With this, you'll get a quality barrel and upper assembly in .223 Wylde (allowing you to shoot 5.56 spec loads and .223 lighter bullets) with a 1:8 twist. I've found mine accurate with 75-80 grain match bullets. Trigger and stock options are limitless. If you're interested in NRA service rifle class or CMP EIC matches, there's a certain set of parameters you'll have to adhere to.

I run my RRA National match with a 4x Leupold Mark AR competitively with the more expensive rigs in NRA and EIC matches. I'm running with the big boys, can't blame my placement in the matches on the rifle, they're just a little bit better shooters than me. WI and MN have some of the best service rifle shooters in the country.

Back