REM Model 700 25-06

bob_dobalina

Handloader
Oct 6, 2009
Please let me know if this isn't appropriate and I'll delete this post.
I am going to put my REM 700 25-06 up for sale and want to know what a fair asking price is. I take very good care of my things and it is in great shape. Cabelas looked at it and said they rated it 95% condition. To be honest I don't know if it's a BDL or CDL, how do I tell? It's a wood stock, 24" barrel. It has a Burriss Fieldscope II 3x9. Best I can do recently out of it is 1" groups at 100 but I think I used to do better with 120 gr partitions. It's been sitting in the safe for quite awhile until recently. And I don't think I'm a greatest shot. Anyways, I appreciate any input.

This is a 700 BDL, note the slight "monte carlo" cheekpiece:

TDUmTZkl.jpg

And these are 700 CDL's, with no raised cheekpiece:

R5KhMT2l.jpg

The CDL has a slimmer stock design than the BDL. Hopefully this helps.

Guy

Here you go

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_210221907.jpg
    IMG_20170918_210221907.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,446
  • IMG_20170918_210246088.jpg
    IMG_20170918_210246088.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,446
  • IMG_20170918_210358080.jpg
    IMG_20170918_210358080.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,446
Looks like a CDL to me......Nice rifle for sure!

Yup looks like a Rem 700 CDL in 25-06, deadliest rifle on the continent! :wink:

Most accurate. Best looking. Best handling. Just... The best! (y)

Okay, I'm biased, and have apparently had one too many cups of coffee this morning. It really is a nice rifle, just like mine, but not banged up. Should be able to get a rough idea of a fair price by looking on Gun Broker. I'd think right now, before deer season, would be a good time to sell.

Guy

Selling it locally you may get between $600-$750 scope and all. Your best bet is if its someone who knows rifles and what a good deal it is. If its just "Joe Deerhunter" he is going to compare it to the "brand new" throwaway stamped out Tupperware stocked stuff and will bargain you to death. Guys like "us" take more Pride of Ownership and appreciate a fine rifle. Fortunately, its us Old Phartz that have or can get ahold of any Money! ha So ask high and give yourself some "bargaining" room as "everyone" (yes, even us Old Phartz) love a bargain! :)

Dang that's a good looking rifle...

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE. No. I don't. No. I don't. :)

Guy

Guy Miner":335uwndy said:
Dang that's a good looking rifle...

I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE. No. I don't. No. I don't. :)

Guy

I feel you! I have every bee and I almost made an offer! I bit my lip in the end!

Nice rifle for sure. Those quarter bores are a hammer on deer, especially if you use the 115 gr Blue Cyclone BT's.

JD338

Thanks guys, it has been a great gun. I don't know Guy, yours look like they are in pretty amazing shape too. I may be putting this in the classifieds here next week with some goodies like the custom Hornady OAL case and some brass.

Thanks Bob - ya my 25-06 CDL is a bit banged up and scarred from hunting some rough country.

I remember falling on some rocks the first year I hunted with it. Dang! Those dents are still in the wood, along with a lot of other scratches and wear marks. It's still a good looking rifle, but up close, it's got obvious wear marks.

Your rifle should go fairly quickly, this time of year I'd think.

Regards, Guy

Back