Marlin Model 1895 45/70

adm1977

Beginner
Feb 16, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with the newest model 1895 that Marlin makes? I know that they had some quality control issues when Remington moved the plant to NY. From what I have found on the internet it seems to have been fixed. I was looking for any real world experience with them. My son want to buy one for himself and I don't want to get into one of the "Remlin" issues that they had with the newer guns. I have been trying to keep my eye out for a JM stamped one, but if the new one's are being built better I am ok with him getting one of those for himself. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

adm1977,
I just purchased a brand new Marlin 1895 with 22" barrel.
I did research before buying mine, and they have corrected any issues that were plaguing the "Remlin" brand Marlins.
Mine functions flawlessly.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

There is a very nice article on a Marlin 1895 guide gun from the pro shop in the NR As magazine “The Rifleman”. It was convincing...had me web shopping lol. Fought off the itch so far... love levers but don’t own one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had an 1895 for a few years and while I have not hunted it, I have carried it for several miles. mostly for day hikes in the morning darkness. Mine carries a 1.5 X 5 Leupold on it and is a perfect match for the rifle. Its similar to the one here except for the coating. I have not bench tested it but I know at close range its deadly on the rodents that want to nest in my outbuildings. I like the shorter barrel and load it with 350 gr hard cast bullets. I love the rifle and will use it deer when and it our population rebounds from last winter losses.

adm1977":3ev3jbeh said:
Does anyone have any experience with the newest model 1895 that Marlin makes? I know that they had some quality control issues when Remington moved the plant to NY. From what I have found on the internet it seems to have been fixed. I was looking for any real world experience with them. My son want to buy one for himself and I don't want to get into one of the "Remlin" issues that they had with the newer guns. I have been trying to keep my eye out for a JM stamped one, but if the new one's are being built better I am ok with him getting one of those for himself. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
This is the one I just bought. The only difference from mine to the earlier models is mine has a satin lacquer finish on it.
521f5d33d0901326408ca08d4fe978ea.jpg
0f49169b352e36e3224b06119f61ac5c.jpg

mjcmichigan,

I think it's time you scratch that itch and get one for yourself!
LOL

adm1977,

Also, if your grandson decides to get one, we can give you specific loads to go with for the Marlin 1895 as well.

Back