Hunters in training

et_miller_87

Beginner
Nov 7, 2016
Was finally able to get my 9 year old daughter out to the shooting range for the first time. She handled the rifle spectacularly! She did bettet than I expected in every aspect. She was able to safely and accurately cycle the weapon, and when faced with malfunction, she knew when help was required. Gotta say I'm pretty proud!
462ada58655acc41fa2af1a43f0728c4.jpg
71cfe0893a17909b7e94e23868d721c0.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Nothing is more rewarding than time spent shooting with your children. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go, Dad!
(y)

You have to watch them daughters, they have a way of out shooting you!

hunter24605":3uycifm7 said:
Way to go, Dad!
(y)

You have to watch them daughters, they have a way of out shooting you!
I'm ok with this! Just means I wont have to wait up cleaning my gun during her teenage years!

Thanks all for the praise! I do my best.

Congratulations on raising a great daughter. Looks as if she has taken her training to heart.

Nicely done. I spent a lot of time with my daughters at that age as we were into horses.
20 years later, we are just as close. My oldest daughter is 29. We sat in my deer blind this past Monday
and she shot a 9 pt buck with her xbow. She told me I'm her favorite hunting buddy.
Stay close to your daughter, the rewards are never ending.

JD338

I'm contemplating whether she gets to sit in on a hunt this year. My wife is very concerned how she would react to seeing an animal die. Its one thing to know your food had to die, but to be directly resppnsible for it is another. Wifey demanded she sits in to witness before she actively hunts. So we will see. Gotta find somewhere to hunt first!

As fate would have it, I secured a hunting lease today to take my kiddos hunting. STOKED!!

Back