6.5 Creedoor Bullet weight

A

Anonymous

I need to start laying in a supply of 6.5CM and while I've had great luck with the ammo Ive tried, it simply isn't even a dent in what's out there.

What's your favorite projectile and weight for the 6.5? Mine has an 18" barrel the generally trims about 100fps off the published MV.

Before I just buy the 143ELDX or 129ABLR in quantity- I'd like to experiment with some different stuff. Given that my location is a bit remote, I have to make a real effort at trying a variety of cartridges.

I can't help but think the 130 AB would be terrific in the Creed. I run it in one of the 6.5-06s and it's great.
Only drawback would be B.C. If you're planning on 600 plus with it.
The 130 should give you some speed while still punching through.
If not the AB then the Scirocco of the same weight would be good.

The #1 powder to use is H4350, #2 VarGet, and while H4831sc can work, hard to stuff that much into the case for any speed. RL-17 gives 100 fps over H4350 but will go another 100 fps when left in a warm car/truck.... but shouldn't be a problem in Alaska.

I've only used the Tactical bullets in all these 6.5 mm cases, except the 6.5/300 WSM which uses both the 140's SMK, and SGK. The OTM 130 Berger is used a lot as well as the Hybrid 140, but the speed levels the playing field between the two, same for the Scenar.

I’ve tried the 129 sst, 120 GMX, 120 TTSX, 140 Gameking, and the 129 interlock(factory load), and the 125 deer season xp(factory load). Both factory loads shot easily sub MOA. The 120 TTSX is almost always sub 1/2” moa, and the 140 Gameking always around
.6-.7 moa. The 129 SST, and 120 GMX I never could get to shoot well. And my favorite powder is RL16 by far. I used the 130 AB a lot in a 260 rem, but not in the CM yet. I’m planning on the 129 ABLR next summer for load development. Also the 143 ELDX factory load gave me consistent .7-.8 moa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridge_Runner":29004z9t said:
scenars are useless for hunting! just so ya know.
RR

Tell some guys in Montana that and you’ll never see the end of the pictures....

Back