Finally the GA Precision Creedmoor arrives

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
GA Precision just sent my 6.5 Creedmoor to my FFL today. Added some upgrades, Templar VII custom action with 20 MOA rail, 26 inch barrel, 1:8 twist, McMillian A5 stock with cheekriser, plus an ATACR 5-25 34mm tube. Haven't tried it out yet, been busy processing my cull buck I bagged the other day. Hopefully get to load some rounds this week and try it out. I got some 500 round boxes of 140 Hybrids, 140 VLD's, 142 Matchkings and 2 boxes of 143 ELD-X and 6 pounds of H-4350. I'll see how this baby shoots.

dkE7UQc.jpg

BjcYfHd.jpg

Very excited to see what it can do in your hands. I want to go to GA Precison justto talk to guys that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very handsome. It will be interesting to see how it shoots. You have a pretty good selection of projectiles to work with. Does one demand attention above the others?

It will be a 6.5 Tack Driver! lol In all seriousness though, GA Precision rifles are all track drivers, and their engineering tolerances are second to none IMO! Ok, there are other great gun builder's out there, but I have yet to see one company build as many as they do, and in a timely manner so well.

You'll love it! Trust me, I own two full blown GAP guns, and have one tweaked by them, a Mil-Spec R5 223. If I had to sell all my guns and only own one gun, it would be a GAP!

DrMike":2ja792bu said:
Very handsome. It will be interesting to see how it shoots. You have a pretty good selection of projectiles to work with. Does one demand attention above the others?

I'll be starting with one type of projectile and do a ladder test and work up with it, if it shoots, I'll stick with it. Purpose will be a long range target rifle. I would love to try the ELD-X or the 140 AccuBond for some hunting one day, I would not mind lugging this bad boy around.

Thanks guys for the compliments.

That's a pretty special rifle. I've no doubt it will produce admirably tight groups at impressive ranges!

Guy

Beautiful gun, TackDriver. What does it weigh as you have it outfitted, if you know? Thanks. Be sure to post a range report. Bret

BretN":3tuh62wj said:
Beautiful gun, TackDriver. What does it weigh as you have it outfitted, if you know? Thanks. Be sure to post a range report. Bret

It weighs roughly 14 pounds and I like it because it sits tight in the bullbag on the bench. I did a ladder test yesterday morning with the 140 Hybrids and 142 Sierra MK. wind was about 12 to 15 mph from 10 o clock. I did not push it much during the test, highest velocity with 41.3 grains of H4350 with the 140 Hybrids is 2,708 fps while same charge for the 142 SMK was 2,720 fps. I haven't pushed it to max yet, just wanted to see if I could find some nodes,,,and I did,,,it was a bit windy and test was at 300 yards. I see 3 nodes for the Berger as 2,3,4 and 6,7,8 and 9,10,11. 2,3,4 was 2540 to 2616 fps, 6,7,8 is at 2607 to 2657 fps, 9,10,11 is at 2687 to 2708 with #10 and 11 at the same speed of 2708. I could go faster, but I'll try 9, 10 and 11 node and see what pops up. As for the SMK 142 I see 4 and 5 at 2588 and 2622 which is a tad slow, and 6,7 and 8 at 2638 to 2673 and also #10 and 11 has a speed of 2715 and 2720 but spread out, could have been me. I'll try # 6,7 and 8 and see if it does well. I'll be shooting 3 round groups at 200 this time. I'll report back with great results, hopefully. i think I have more room to push it faster, according to QL after adjusting my Ba to match my velocity. I predict a node at 41.6 grains as well. I would not mind if its shooting at slow velocity as long as its shooting tight. I prefer accuracy over speed.
Any of you Creedmoor guys have any pet loads with H4350 and what speeds are your rifles shooting good at, if I may ask.
https://i.imgur.com/HL0VUV8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GnTNnWq.jpg

Mark-

Your posted pictures are so large on my end it's hard to see what's in the picture? Not sure if it's just me, but all your photos are so large they can't be viewed w/o moving the whole page around. Can you downsize them?

longrangehunter":22khy368 said:
Mark-

Your posted pictures are so large on my end it's hard to see what's in the picture? Not sure if it's just me, but all your photos are so large they can't be viewed w/o moving the whole page around. Can you downsize them?

I edited the pictures, hope its better.

.300winmag":3q5xm5a8 said:
H4831SC Under 140 Hybrids gives great accuracy for my buddy, speed at 2720 outta his 24” tube

Yep, its a great bullet. I did my load testing this morning at 200 yards, selected three powder charges from ladder testing results from last week. Ah Mazing results.
OQHTxELl.jpg

Ah mazing, indeed. Guaranteed to put a grin on the chin of the most jaded rifle crank.

Back