Transformation Day for two guns today!

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
It's 11 degrees here with 20kt NW breeze, windchill is -3 below.
So we now have 5" of ice and I am putting bait out this weekend.
Time to get my 243 out of its fall attire IMG_1765.JPGand into its winter coat!!!IMG_1766.JPG
Now to get the Sweede outta its hunting stock IMG_1756.JPGand into the bench rest thumbhole wood!IMG_1757.JPG
(y)

Always fun to see the transformation of our tools. Neat work, E.

Mike, check out these Sightron S1 4x12 Scopes, fantastic optics for very short money!
I been buying them with the hold over reticule and was amazed how dang good they are.

Nice conversion E.
I tried one of the Sightron S1 when I was looking for a scope for the 35 Whelen/AI and sent it back after I got it and found the eye piece wobbled when I was adjusting it to focus the cross hairs.
Yeah I probably got the one in a 1000 bad ones but was enough for me to look some where else.

Lol,
I hear ya Roger! The 4x12 model is impressive to say
The least . The eye piece is fixed but it does have a fast
Focus outside ring, I have 3 of them now, lifetime warrantee........ Sorry you got a bum one.
20171215_173252.jpg
My T/C Venture in full winter dress, ready for action!
70gr Varmageddons @3250, no exit holes here!
E

Earle, I know we are somewhat behind in glass here in Saskatchewan :shock:. But believe it or not I do not know one person that uses Sightron glass around these parts!!

Blessings,
Dan

I didnt either Dan, but we had a hunter last spring, with one of these 4x12's; and after I looked thru it, I liked it sooooooo much !!I started buying
Them, (y) So now I own 3 of them! (All with HHR reticule) I have a 3x9 S1 thats 5 or so years old, on my muzzleloader, and it is a compleately different brew, than These new 4x12's. The older 3/9 is more like say a Vx1, where this new 4x12 is right there with my Vx2's, So I have sold some to friends,
and so far, everyone thinks they are terrific value , A guide buddy here just grabed a new T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmore ($225 after the rebate) He also bought a Nikon 3/9 BDC; from
Cabelas on sale from $179 with 50 bucks off Christmas Sale price of $129. To put on the Compass.He, like most thought Hey it's a Nikon,its gotta be good. So I told him to bring it over, and compared to this Scope, it fell on its lips :( it was along way short, of the Sightron ,so much in fact he returned it, and bought one of these. :wink:
The S1 eyebox side to side n up and down is very Leupoldish, the Nikon was much more critical
And reminded me exactly of the latest Minox scopes,made in China, or like" looking thru a straw". :|
With regular caps they call them " Hunter Series" with exposed turrets it's the Tactical model which
Is nicely done, for down it this price range!IMG_1790.JPG Hunter
IMG_1789.JPG both have the OA lensIMG_1791.JPG If you get a chance check them out !

Back