7mm PRACTICAL BUILDUP.

CZ

Handloader
Jun 21, 2007
WINCHESTER MOD. 70 pre 64 Magnum action trued.
Krieger Palma match heavy barrel fast twist. PTG muzzlebreak 30in
glass bedded floated barrel Devcon 10110
work on factory trigger set at 1lb.
Boyds laminated stock.

Not painted yet and I dont know if i will do it. Its a Practical rifle for our long range shooting, has my 24x Baush and Lomb old reliable scope with talley bases now, will change for a picattiny 20 moa and a Leupol 6.5x20 dot scope.

Caliber./ 7mm Practical.

Attachments

• 7mmP.jpg
    7mmP.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 554
  • 20171216_050527_zpsor4x0ecb.jpg
    20171216_050527_zpsor4x0ecb.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 20171216_050538_zpsrggi3f53.jpg
    20171216_050538_zpsrggi3f53.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 554
  • 20171216_050544_zpsmj55xwhr.jpg
    20171216_050544_zpsmj55xwhr.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 554
for those who dont know about the round.-
its a 7mm bullet on the heavy side, in a .300Win Mag case with a 30 degree shoulder. Should perform a la .28 Nosler.

That should be a hammer! Be interested in seeing whether you choose to paint or not. I don't recall one of your rifles that you haven't painted. From my vantage, it looks fine as is. I know, however, that a good paint job really sets off a quality firearm.

DrMike":253tmorl said:
That should be a hammer! Be interested in seeing whether you choose to paint or not. I don't recall one of your rifles that you haven't painted. From my vantage, it looks fine as is. I know, however, that a good paint job really sets off a quality firearm.

It will take a beat at the matches, as you become older Dr. Mike those scratches and no paint on rifle or stock remember old memories, hihi. I could paint it too much tactical but...... an old pre 64 is an old pre64.

I quite agree with you. A rifle is meant to be used and treasured as the precision it is. It is not meant to be kept on a pedestal to be admired for how it appears. The soul of a rifle is only seen as it melds with the rifleman to accomplish its purpose.

A well used rifle is ( not abused ) is a thing of beauty and one that obviously works for the owner.
My problem is I try to preserve them and make them last longer by buying and trying different ones.

I don't think I have any remaining photos of the "Green Machine" in the original black stock, with the black receiver and a fresh stainless Krieger barrel... It actually looked pretty good. Much like your rifle here.

That didn't last long. :grin:

Guy

Very nice CZ! That 7mm Practical is a cousin the Mashburn and I LOVE it!

Can't wait to see how it shoots, but I think I already know it is going to drive nails.

this is where all happens.-
14x40 TAKOMA LATHE
lil 10x22 lathe

and a n old SOUTH BEND purchased for restoration but works very very good.

Attachments

• 14x40 lathe.jpg
    14x40 lathe.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 437
  • lil lathe.jpg
    lil lathe.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 437
  • south bend lathe.jpg
    south bend lathe.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 437
Nice looking rifle. I can picture what it looks like but would appreciate if you might put a picture up of the loaded cartridge!

David

Should perform well no matter what paint you put on it CZ! I'd use a rattle can, that way a nick can be sprayed over in about a minute. Krieger used to leave the tooling marks in their barrels for the M40's so the paint would stick better, but that one looks polished up?

What does it weigh?

CZ,
I have the same lathe 14/40 in our shop, however I would need to spend a week to clean up the shop,( So dont expect pictures) to get mine, as clean as yours is ! Very nice setup. Good luck with the new rifle! Someday when my 25/06 barrel goes south, I will replace it with a 6.5/06
Barrel, or better yet if Nosler would ever build us all a .257
Caliber ABLR around 132gr with a BC over .600 I wouldnt
Have too !!! :evil:
Gosh at this point I would even take an RDF!!!

Back