The last firearm you would ever get...

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
And for interest's sake...

If you could only get one more firearm, ever, god forbid, which firearm and chambering would it be?
You have your choice of rifle, shotgun or handgun.

For me, it would be the Blaser R8, lefthanded, with very nice wood, in 9.3x62

Blkram":xbo8lqao said:
And for interest's sake...

If you could only get one more firearm, ever, god forbid, which firearm and chambering would it be?
You have your choice of rifle, shotgun or handgun.

For me, it would be the Blaser R8, lefthanded, with very nice wood, in 9.3x62
Again easy;
A Merkle or similar grade side by side, side locks with cast on( I'm left handed) in 28 gauge and about 10,000 rounds of ammo[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to think about that a bit but as of now a left hand Weatherby MK V in 270 Weatherby magnum. Probably would go for an Ultra Lightweight but they don't make them in the 270 Wby. Only choices are the 257,6.5-300 and 300 at this time. Had a chance at a LH Fibermark 270 Wby for $800.00 many years ago but couldn't swing it, at that time they had a McMillan stock to boot.

Gerry, Weatherby did build the Mark V Ultralight Accumark in 270 Wby at one time (late 90's-early 2000's) as I had the first one ever imported into Canada after it was first introduced. Might take some looking to find one. It was accurate with factory Weatherby ammo, but the action was rough and "clunky", and when another rifle purchase required extra funds, it was traded off.

Winchester Model 70 Supergrade in 6mm Remington. Yeah I know, they never chambered it! Pretty tough to find one then I suppose. I could always find a 243 or something along those lines and rebarrel it!

Blkram":dc5e91lk said:
Gerry, Weatherby did build the Mark V Ultralight Accumark in 270 Wby at one time (late 90's-early 2000's) as I had the first one ever imported into Canada after it was first introduced. Might take some looking to find one. It was accurate with factory Weatherby ammo, but the action was rough and "clunky", and when another rifle purchase required extra funds, it was traded off.

I remember looking at them back in the day in the Wholesale Sports catalogue but never bought one. I'm not sure why they don't chamber a few other cartridges in the LH Ultralight, it's just another barrel that they make anyway and headspacing it is just as easy.

A M17 with a complete action. Only the receiver is technically a "firearm," so I could configure it however I wanted, and it will last forever.

Custom Build
Winchester Model 70 XTR long action in Cerkote Burnt Bronze
Shilen SS barrel Mag contour 26 inch .280 Rem. in Cerkote Burnt Bronze
H.S. Precision stock tan web
Leupold Dual Dovetail bases black matte
Burris Signature rings black matte with 10 MOA inserts
Leupold 3.5x10 40mm VX3i CDS with wind plex
Montana Sling leather.
Bullets 140gr Nosler BT for Deer & Antelope, 160gr Nosler AB for Elk & Moose, 175gr Swift A frame Grizzly
It may not be perfect but for 99.999% of the Big Game hunting I do it would be.

The last one I'd ever buy? Man, that's too terrible to contemplate.

I'd likely get one of the swanky SAKOs... Bavarian carbine or an Arctos in something like 7x64.

Depending on how thick my wallet was...maybe a Dakota 76 Traveller in '06 or .270.

Since it's the last one, it won't be one of my usual utility grade deals...it'll be walnut and blue.

Horrible question, there would clearly be many fine firearms in the regret category. I presume I can keep my Benelli Performance shop Super sport 20 gauge, and my Kimber 1911.
It would have to be a rifle with a really gorgeous glowing wood stock....would it be a bolt or a lever....I want to pick a lever.. but I want something more like caliber with some “go”. Maybe a Weatherby Accumark V in. 338-378 (and 10,000 round of ammo). [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":14l7etnx said:
Horrible question, there would clearly be many fine firearms in the regret category. I presume I can keep my Benelli Performance shop Super sport 20 gauge, and my Kimber 1911.
It would have to be a rifle with a really gorgeous glowing wood stock....would it be a bolt or a lever....I want to pick a lever.. but I want something more like caliber with some “go”. Maybe a Weatherby Accumark V in. 338-378 (and 10,000 round of ammo). [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hear you, for a custom a Gene Simillion or Echols rifle would be something as well. A perfect piece of dense wood would be incredible as well.

Well- I guess Im lucky. I already own it. FN Mauser (cause Dad had one...) in 250 Savage. Shes got a nice figured walnut stock, Glassed an pillared. Shoots better than I can.

There was a really pretty Winchester mod 70 in 264, with a very pretty maple stock that called my name from the other side of cabellas a while back..... Love those Maple sticks. But over a grand!?!$$

There was a Ruger RSI in 250 Savage that wore a K-4 weaver, 20+ years ago that I couldn't scrape together the $200 to own. :shock: :(

The "last" rifle I would ever buy.... a Rossi "ranch hand" in 44. My definition of "why in the heck" would I own that...?!?!?

CL

Like Cloverleaf i have mine, a well worn post 64 Model 70 push feed 300 WM. Absolutely the best rifle I have ever owned. Its my primary rifle for big game and has gotten the job done year after year time after time. Its sister is a 7 mm Mashburn, pretty much identical, and I have high hopes for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

I hear you, for a custom a Gene Simillion or Echols rifle would be something as well. A perfect piece of dense wood would be incredible as well.[/quote]

Lol. Scottie, you pegged me. Been staring at the Echols and Gene Simillion custom rifles.

A couple Christmas’s back the boys got Ducks Unlimited 12 gauges with great Walnut. Both were previously un-fired, which I personally don’t get. Berettas, Browning, and Benellis are made to be used. They take super care of those guns, and they use them. I’m sure the guns are much happier now!

1100 Remington Man":1ms1szss said:
Custom Build
Winchester Model 70 XTR long action in Cerkote Burnt Bronze
Shilen SS barrel Mag contour 26 inch .280 Rem. in Cerkote Burnt Bronze
H.S. Precision stock tan web
Leupold Dual Dovetail bases black matte
Burris Signature rings black matte with 10 MOA inserts
Leupold 3.5x10 40mm VX3i CDS with wind plex
Montana Sling leather.
Bullets 140gr Nosler BT for Deer & Antelope, 160gr Nosler AB for Elk & Moose, 175gr Swift A frame Grizzly
It may not be perfect but for 99.999% of the Big Game hunting I do it would be.
I like the sounds of this build but then I'm a huge 280 Remington / 280 AI fan@

This would make a great final note.....
Just scoping up a Sako model 85M with a Leupold Vx3i 4.5x14 in 30mm with side focus,CDS, windplex, OptiLock mounts, what a wicked nice out fit! Super light weight, perfect balance, handsome rifle ! Highly recommend!IMG_2090.JPG

Back