Hydrogip rifle stock

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I had a couple stocks hydro dipped and got them back today. I had my KRG BRAVO and my sons R3 shotgun done. They turned out pretty nice.

I went with kryptic mandrake for the BRAVO and my son opted for skulls on silver.

276528c62631fb1d641c5a06a76ade64.jpg

0c5794dd270092affde1b826dc7d9751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if that Finnish would help with the total slipperiness of these darn Tikka stocks????

35 Whelen":27ql2sz1 said:
Wonder if that Finnish would help with the total slipperiness of these darn Tikka stocks????

Wondering the same thing myself.. I know the finish on my SX3's is pretty grippy which I tend to like.

TB, those look pretty danged cool.

Bear78,
Those look very cool to me ! I like em. (y)

Scotty:
I have totally figured out how to fix the slipperiness of the T3 stocks,
Sell it and replace it with the stock of a Sako Model 85 !!! Problem
solved! ( I never said cheap fix!)

35 Whelen":rj8pgyqn said:
Scotty:
I have totally figured out how to fix the slipperiness of the T3 stocks,
Sell it and replace it with the stock of a Model 85 Finnlight! Problem
solved! ( I never said cheap fix!)

I have heard of a few people using heat to stipple the stocks and a few more have used Marine Tex in order to create grippy areas on it. So I guess there are a couple decent options rather than having to monkey with an 85 :mrgreen:

Have you looked into grip tape like the stuff they use on skate boards?

I’ve also seen some pretty impressive laser engraving on plastic stocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol,
It's toooo late Roger I sold the Tikka and bit the bullet and bought a new Sako 85...... I should have NEVER
handled one!!! So tonite I went and done it !IMG_2197.JPG
It only hurt when I pushed Buy it Now :cry:

Yep I was down to another gunsmith buddy's place today, and he showed me a smokin deal on an 85 so I lost it for a sec and just went for it...... I am really pleased as I was getting sooooo frustrated with the Tikka stocks
And hated the safety system on them. This thing has everything I wanted on my go to rifle ( I can't take the Portugal Porker) to far as that thing is heavy!!! Fancy wood comes at a Heafty" price , over 9 lbs scoped!!!
Anyway I was thinking of restocking the Tikka and just decided to make the break and just get what I really
wanted......... the Sako!IMG_2200.PNGIMG_2201.PNG
Bear sorry bout hyjackin this thread!!!

Back