AR10 recommendations?

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Getting asked for help picking a MSR in 308. I know Guy runs a Ruger SR762 and loves it. Who else has a MSR on 308 class bullets that would recommend it. This one will get a suppressor and be used on deer 20-80 yards mostly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a LaRue AR10 and the Ruger SR762. Both are Armalite pattern rifles. My LaRue is exceptionally accurate with 165-168 grain bullets. It does not like bullets that are lighter or heavier.

I shoot both suppressed. The LaRue is a DI gun and the Ruger is a piston gun, I don't see much of a difference in operation. The LaRue has a Noveske switchblock adjustable gas block.

mjcmichigan":116pa7g6 said:
Getting asked for help picking a MSR in 308. I know Guy runs a Ruger SR762 and loves it. Who else has a MSR on 308 class bullets that would recommend it. This one will get a suppressor and be used on deer 20-80 yards mostly. Thanks!

Somebody else, not me. I don't have an AR-10.

A few times, I've fired this POF 7.62 that belongs to my buddy.

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p308-edge/

If that's not the exact POF model, it's similar.

He thinks the world of it. His is suppressed and he has an awesome US Optics scope atop it. Very easy to be accurate with it, and it's been 100% reliable. I haven't tried it past 300 yards, but am hoping that he and I will use it at 600 yards this year.

Guy

Lol. I think my buddy is grounded! His wife got wind of him thinking about rifle #3 in 18 12 months (340 Bee deluxe mkV, and a 30-378bee Oman accumarkV

Back