A beautiful gem walked through my door...

Ridgerunner665

Handloader
Oct 28, 2008
I do some minor gunsmithing on the side, just for friends and family kinda thing.

My father in law came walking in with this and it was love at first sight for me.

1974 production Winchester 94 in 30-30 that has been taken pretty darn good care of. It has some use on it but it is plain to see that this rifle has been well cared for.

I'd give it at least 97% condition, maybe 98%...

44 years old and looking very well for its age... No angle eject, throws empties straight back over the shoulder.

I'm trying to buy it, not sure yet though, might already be sold... He brought it to me to clean up and go through before he sold it but someone saw it before me and told him they wanted it when I was done with it.

We'll see...

Very nice. Despite being made in the millions...those are sort of hard to come by in that condition.

Yep...

I know its no pre 64, but it is pre safety and in top shelf shape... I cannot help but like it, a lot.

Been looking for a lever gun for a while, wanted a 44 mag, but if I get this one I'll call it good.

Thanks Fotis!

I got the rifle and 7 boxes of ammo for $450, I don't think that was too bad of a deal... But it doesn't matter.... I wanted it pretty bad.

Congratulations. That looks to be in superior condition. You are right that Model 94s in that condition are quite rare.

Been looking for a good lever action for a long time now, several years...

Wanted a 44 mag but just couldn't let this one pass... It'll do anything the 44 would do, and is a little more svelte to boot.

I'm tickled with it.... It shoots high, lots of them do.... I'll be adding peep sights anyway.

The skinner replacement front ramp sight combined with a Lyman peep is a great combo. Easy to shoot well and very classy looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just new enough to not have any of the so called problems of the early post 64 guns.

It has a cast carrier and a decent finish on the receiver... I have no plans for a scope on this, and never much liked the look of the angle eject versions (the short side on the receiver).

I believe it'll do.... I know my wife is glad I didn't have to spend the money on a new production 94, lol.

Back