Flashlight mount?

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Can someone recommend a good, sturdy flashlight mount for a 30-30 336 Marlin? Actually mine is a Glenfield, but I doubt that makes a difference.

P46HFGVl.jpg

Had to follow up a wounded black bear one night, into the woods & brush. My 44 mag revolver in one hand, flashlight in the other. It was pretty awkward and I was wishing for a lever action rifle with a flashlight on it.

I've used an AR-15 with a small but powerful flashlight mounted on it, and found that to be very useful. Was wondering if there's a good flashlight mount for the Marlin lever action rifle?

Thanks, Guy

Another option is a Remington 700 rear base can be screwed into the forend.

f50e323c4ed4b8fa547d91ddb816a24b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bear!

I knew some folks here had posted photos of rifles with light mounts, but I couldn't remember which mounts or who had posted.

Didn't know WWG made that mount. Interesting.

Thanks, Guy

I also made a mount out of a piece of rail that’s really slick. I have it on a Remington 700 but could easily be retrofitted to most anything. Once aimed I locked it in with epoxy. I credit this light to stopping a bear charge a few years ago.

99ababfc39727b14abbe4d8ed748dfec.jpg

2585a4685b165ae70844307c0e229fd4.jpg

9c0d4177a24c46a550b1d56b02e4d56e.jpg

3cb9c19e4292f01a3fb846b36fcc4ae3.jpg

Cool. If I used that WWG mount, I'd need to change my front sling-swivel arrangement as well.

Hmmm... Okay, this might be a fun little project. :grin:

Decide on a mount, and find a small, bright, rugged flashlight.

Cool.

Have a good headlamp.

Still would like a rifle-mounted light. Maybe I used the AR-15 with a light too long, too often?

Guy

I’d much rather have the light mounted to the rifle. It acts like a crude sight in a pinch. I center the light on the sights at 10’. I’m afraid a headlamp would actually hinder your sight, glaring off optics or sights

Thebear_78":fk3qk8ut said:
I’d much rather have the light mounted to the rifle. It acts like a crude sight in a pinch. I center the light on the sights at 10’. I’m afraid a headlamp would actually hinder your sight, glaring off optics or sights

Ya, I've used rifle-mounted lights in police work, they do a fine job. My preference as well.

The headlamp is great for walking back from hunting all day or getting around in the dark in general.

Guy

Back