New rifle!

et_miller_87

Beginner
Nov 7, 2016
Was able to get a new rifle today! Buddy at work is moving and wanted to sell off his 44. Basically brand new 1894 marlin 44. Stoked because i can use this sucker to deer hunt in Ohio. Itching to get out to the range!
1422d0e66a4c4511582865ba6bfcf556.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Only problem is uou might end up buying more lever guns.

Sorry that your buddy has to move, but good luck with the rifle.

My cousin had one those. We called him "firefight" because he'd always darn near empty the magazine to get his deer. "One shot - One kill" was not his motto :lol: . I miss him, we had a lot of adventures together.

Scott

I get Lever fever everytime I see one like that! Happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I keep telling myself to get one of these. One of these days I'm going to do it.

That 44 looks to be in great shape congrats :)

Blkram":3ug3dgph said:
Nice!

I have one in 41 Rem Mag; fun to shoot!

If for some reason you lose your mind and want to sell it I'm calling dibs right now :mrgreen:

Sweet rifle! One in .41 is on my bucket list. Awesome that you can hunt deer with it in slug zone. Wish our state would get on that bandwagon. I took 3 deer in my younger years with a Ruger and the old Remington 240sp load from powder burn distance to 125 yards. The .44 in a carbine is a deer hammer within appropriate ranges.

Are you going to run factory or load for it ? I received my first 44 mag 1894 in 1973 and couldn't begin to remember all the deer and hogs it has taken .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

gerry":2dj4yk3v said:

Blkram":2dj4yk3v said:
Nice!

If for some reason you lose your mind and want to sell it I'm calling dibs right now :mrgreen:

Sorry Gerry, after looking for 20 years just to lay my eyes on one, this one stays!

There have been a couple on gunbroker in the past few months. Just buy and import through their FFL and broker. Most importers cost $250/item. There are a few supposedly doing it for less, I just haven't found there contact info yet.

Blkram":6zpqemp7 said:
gerry":6zpqemp7 said:

Blkram":6zpqemp7 said:
Nice!

Sorry Gerry, after looking for 20 years just to lay my eyes on one, this one stays!

There have been a couple on gunbroker in the past few months. Just buy and import through their FFL and broker. Most importers cost $250/item. There are a few supposedly doing it for less, I just haven't found there contact info yet.

Well, you can't blame a guy for trying ;) IRunGuns apparently does it for $200.00

Thanks for all the feedback y'all! My buddy and I are both in the Navy, hes transferring and needed it to go.

I do plan to shoot factory starting out, mostly because i dont have the proper material to produce ammo for it. That is coming very soon. I'm ITCHING to get out to the range with this thing

My dad bought a 30-30 in lever when I was 16 and I fell in love with it. This is my first lever gun and plan to use it as much as possible! It does have some slight surface rust on the tube but I love to restore old guns.

I got a pretty good deal on this sucker. I almost felt bad for taking it for the price!

Many memories ahead with this ol gal...but I started a thing a few years back. I name all my guns...kinda goofy but I like it. What to name her..

I believe you will enjoy that rifle. Lever guns as just plain fun. They are the quintessential American firearm.

DrMike":33ehq7fo said:
I believe you will enjoy that rifle. Lever guns as just plain fun. They are the quintessential American firearm.
I know I'm going to enjoy this ol gal. Need to get crackin' on some targets!

That should be a real fun and useful little rifle! Enjoy!

Appears to have a LOT of scope on it. If you ever consider going to a smaller scope, or simply sights, there are some excellent options. Meanwhile, enjoy the heck out of it.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":2miwmvbt said:
That should be a real fun and useful little rifle! Enjoy!

Appears to have a LOT of scope on it. If you ever consider going to a smaller scope, or simply sights, there are some excellent options. Meanwhile, enjoy the heck out of it.

Regards, Guy
It is one hell of a scope! Leupold 3-9 , came with the gun. All in all, 500 bucks for gun, scope and about 100 cartridges

You didn't get hurt. Yeah, you might like a fixed power scope or a much lower variable power scope with that particular cartridge. Still, a most enjoyable acquisition.

Wonderful! Beautiful gum.

Now maybe you can answer this question in time.

Will this thing shoot 300 grain bullets?

Let us know.

FOTIS":1qv2cvdr said:
Wonderful! Beautiful gum.

Now maybe you can answer this question in time.

Will this thing shoot 300 grain bullets?

Let us know.
My reload data includes a 300 gr bullet. I dont know that I was planning to use that but supposedly it will. Guess now I gotta find out, huh?

Back