Rifle received

Africa Huntress

Handloader
Feb 14, 2012
Several people have ask me if I had received the rifle I ordered and I did, actually a few months ago. I am sure few even remember that I ordered it, no biggie. I will not elaborate so as not to upset some .

My new 450/400 Holland and Holland, lost its virginity on an elephant, driving a 400 gr Woodleigh into the brain of the beast at approx. 30 yards. It was charging, so it was a fairly easy straight on shot to the brain, no drama. It has since taken a few more animals and I have used it enough that I feel comfortable recommending both the caliber, rifle style ( double with sidelock ) and manufacturer to anyone thinking of buying a rifle like it or similar

I would like to say that to those who will be upset about this post, that I was ask by 5 different people to share this with the forum.

Best Regards

Jamila

Way to go! I bet that was a lot of fun and many people ate good meat for quite a while! Sure love to see a photo of the animal even it we weren't blessed with your presence in the picture.
David

No drama ? I would have had to change clothes

Congratulations Jamila on the rifle and the elephant

Congratulations on your hunt, hunting Africa is a wonderment to all hunters, thanks for sharing. (y)

Thank you young Lady for sharing the success story and great shot on a charging Elephant.
Very glad to see you posting again We Missed You.

Very nice!

A 450/400 in a Hollands double might be the optimum choice for such an occasion...perhaps I was born a hundred years too late and on the wrong continent besides.

Wow, great story, no drama, jeepers my kind of girl! Someday I'll smell the smoke of Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamila,

Wow! Congratulations on a superb hunt! I can’t fathom a shot like that! Well played!

Welcome back!
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamila,

Congratulations to you on several accounts.
Awesome rifle and chambering!
Incredible hunt. Facing off with a charging elephant at 30 yards takes nerves of steel!
Well done, way to go girl!

JD338

Congratulations on the elephant and the rifle, Jamila! Well done and excellent post.

If it upsets anyone, good they can go to another forum.

I too would love to see pictures of both.

Excellent work Jamila, I am glad that the new rifle worked out so well for you (y). Thank you for posting as it is always a pleasure to read of your adventures.
Maybe 1 day we will get a few photos as well :).

Blessings,
Dan

Davids post made me curious since I have zero knowledge about hunting in Africa. What do you do with the meat ? Thats a lot of meat. Also were you alone ? And if not I was wondering what caliber rifle he was carrying ?

I am on my way to Heathrow to catch a flight so will not be able to respond again

I wanted to thank everyone who posted---thank you for your kind replies

Dan, David, Allen. I will ask my mum but if it happens it will be via PM

John. There was a man there with a 500/465 ( Double ) but my dedicated back up was a woman with a 416 Rigby ( Bolt ). Plus dont forget I still had another barrel I could have used if needed. The meat goes to villagers, which adds much needed protein to their diet, helps them financially and also cuts down on the hunting and wounding of plains game animals. More animals are wounded by hungry villagers than by hunters and they do not track them and finish them off which is more of a concern to us than their hunting a plains game animal for food.

Drakehammer, if time permits before my flight leaves I will send you a very short explanation via pm, but will not answer you on the open forum. I believe everyone else that have posted here already knows

Best Regards

Jamila

Great and successful hunt Jamila! Upset? That was quite an accomplishment. To stare down and dispatch a charging elephant took about a ton of nerve.

Back