Ruger American Rifle

otter25

Beginner
May 22, 2012
Thinking of having a RAR re barreld to 45 Raptor or 450 Bushmaster. My question is about the magazine. I do not want a box type large capacity clip as on the Ranch rifle. I want to use the std. rotary magazine that is flush with bottom of stock. Is this possible with the type cartridge I'm looking at or is there a feeding issue.

Correct but not the type magazine I want and barrel is too short. I'm looking to be able to use the std. flush fit Rotary magazine.

Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe, MI sell them with 22 inch barrels.
These are MUCH nicer than the silly 16" factory installed barrels with the booming brakes on them.
I have one and love it.
You can find them on Gunbroker.

I have one in blued/black that I have covered in vinyl camo. Shot it on Saturday, and it doesn't need a brake at all. Took a couple of deer with it last year.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?In ... lers=60229

I looked at that on Gunbroker and its what I'm looking for....sort of. I don't want a magazine that sticks out like that,has to be flush like std. Ruger American rifles. I don't care if it only holds one shell,has to be flush.

You might (?) be able to modify the production magazine and make it shorter.

Alternately, there is a seller who modifies Savage rifles for the 450BM, and it might suit your desires better.

Back