Ruger Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor?

Ridley75

Beginner
Aug 15, 2016
Hey all, I’m wondering what your opinion of the Ruger American Predator rifle is? I’m looking to pick up a second midweight rifle (I have a .25-06) that I can shoot a lot and not really worry about it being shot a ton, while being pretty accurate. Also I think it would be a good rifle for my sister to use when we hunt together (deer and pronghorn), she doesn’t own a rifle, is rather recoils sensitive , but she likes to hunt. I’ve shot this exact rifle before and I did like it but I am looking for opinions from the vast knowledge of this forum.

Whle I don't have the exact rifle, I have helped set up two of them. Both were easily .75MOA rifles with factory loads. In its price range, it is certainly tough to beat.

The 6.5 in general has a lot going for it- typically excellent accuracy, mild recoil and fantastic industry support.

Hard to think you could go wrong there.

The 6.5 Creedmore is pretty well engineered and I've seen a bunch of them shoot pretty well right out of the box.
The Ruger predator as well, I've yet to see one that wouldn't at least get close to MOA.
I think the biggest mistake we're making, myself included, is putting way too much power atop hunting rifles.
Take a properly zeroed rifle and decent fundamentals off the bench. Get behind a good cartridge/rifle and ring steel all day with a 1.5x5 or a 2.5 x7 at 300 yards.
Good for you helping your sis out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned two of the American predators in 6.5 CM. Both shot the vast majority of factory loads under moa. Some shot 1/2 moa. They are pretty hard to beat for the price as far as accuracy goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input. You’ve all convinced me that this would be a wise choice.

Back