Another one in the herd....

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Could not pass it up. A 1980's (?) BLR 358 with a steel receiver. Yup NIB!

Smooth action like glass.
I figure a 200 grain TSX at 2550 fps or a 225 NP at 2500 fps would make a dandy deer/elk rifle---not that I do not have any already, but that is another story! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The BLR's in 358 were difficult to find for quite a while. Must have been low production numbers?

Buddy of mine had his 308 BLR re-bored to 358 Win, put a little Aimpoint on it and dubbed it "killer" after tremendous success, particularly on elk.

His is rather battered after about 30 years of hunting, sliding in and out of the scabbard on his horse. Great rifle though.

Congrats FOTIS, nice one.

Guy

Nice looking gun. Not sure I would trust the TSX at those speeds but the Partition or Sierra would be excellent choices in my opinion. My little 358 like the 200 gr Hornady RN and 225 gr Woodleigh RN the most so far. It's a real fun gun to shoot.

Very nice Fotis, you will have to post your range visits during the break-in (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Holy smokes Fotis,
You scored big time with this one. Nice find!
She is a beauty, congratulations.

JD338

salmonchaser":3h482zvn said:
Always liked that rifle, particularly in the 308 clones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, there's a steel-receiver, Belgian made 308 BLR tucked back in my gunsafe. It was my father's rifle, now it belongs to my oldest son, but he doesn't shoot it often. Great rifle! Trigger is a little "mushy" but not too bad. It really ought to get out of the safe and do some hunting. I've had it to the range a few times, shoots good.

They're nice, interesting rifles.

Guy

Wow that is the older beauty with the extended magazine!

FOTIS":2p1kcxs3 said:
Wow that is the older beauty with the extended magazine!

Those danged magazines are hard to find and expensive now! The new ones don't fit the old gun. I've seen them go for $200+ for just the magazine!

Glad we have two mags for it, and both are in good shape. (y)

Back