Gear review: bradley cheek rest

Thebear_78

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
I just got back from a short trip home to Michigan and had a happy little package waiting for me. A Bradley adjustable cheek rest.

I had ordered this for my 22 creedmoor, I had been using a conventional soft strap on cheek rest with strips of elk leather to adjust cheek weld. When I put the larger vortex 6-24x50 on this rifle it wasn’t quite high enough and I needed something different.

The Bradley cheek rest came pretty highly recommended and I really liked the cordura fabric lining on their elite series.

One of the downsides to hard plastic cheek risers has always been the are slippery and uncomfortable compared to a leather one. I find this cordura lined option makes a significantly different feel than simple hard plastic. It feels a lot nicer and doesn’t slide on my bearded cheek the way plain kydex does. It’s also quite a bit more attractive.

It has a foam rubber piece that buffers the kydex from the stock itself. This gives the riser a lot of grip on the stock. It is very solid once the straps are pulled tight, it doesn’t move at all. I imagine it would give some shock absorption on a hard kicking cartridge, the 22 creedmoor is virtually recoil free so I can’t be certain.

Overall I’m really impressed with this. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for an adjustable cheek rest.

8c6bc2b7470e4184d931522f31f451b3.jpg

49a59932537d741848e2d09e8bce6d1d.jpg

http://bradleycheekrest.com/ELITE-SERIES-CORDURA-500D-BRADLEY-ADJUSTABLES_c22.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's much a better option than the piece of foam pipe insulation I've been using. :roll: Thanks. (y)

Back