6mm Creedmoor Ruger PRS

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
This is a $1600 rifle, on sale for the outrageously low price of $799.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-preci ... z66yIWcGP8

I've shot the Ruger PRS in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it's a winner. If you're looking for a precision rifle... This deal is hard to pass. This one is the 6mm Creedmoor.

I like it, but don't need it. Will cost me about the same to re-barrel the ol' Green Machine again and convert it to a detachable magazine. And... my rifle won't be any more accurate than that Ruger... Great way to get into the PRS game, or just get a good-shooting rifle. It would be a superb varmint rifle! And, not bad for deer or antelope I'd think.

Actually talked with Mama Miner about this one. She didn't mind at all, but asked me how my savings were going for hunting Wyoming and fishing Alaska this year, and if I could really afford to spend $800 on a new range toy that I don't need... So, I don't think I'll be buying this rifle, though it's a pretty awesome deal.

Guy

That's a terrific price, I agree.
Cool cartridge too. And you can get Alpha Brass. :grin:

Guy Miner":3dnol63x said:
This is a $1600 rifle, on sale for the outrageously low price of $799.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-preci ... z66yIWcGP8

I've shot the Ruger PRS in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it's a winner. If you're looking for a precision rifle... This deal is hard to pass. This one is the 6mm Creedmoor.

I like it, but don't need it. Will cost me about the same to re-barrel the ol' Green Machine again and convert it to a detachable magazine. And... my rifle won't be any more accurate than that Ruger... Great way to get into the PRS game, or just get a good-shooting rifle. It would be a superb varmint rifle! And, not bad for deer or antelope I'd think.

Actually talked with Mama Miner about this one. She didn't mind at all, but asked me how my savings were going for hunting Wyoming and fishing Alaska this year, and if I could really afford to spend $800 on a new range toy that I don't need... So, I don't think I'll be buying this rifle, though it's a pretty awesome deal.

Guy
Yep they always have a way of talking you out of something you don't need by placing something else in front of you.
Sort of makes you feel like a donkey pulling a cart with a carrot dangling in front of you. :grin:

I know a man that shoots one of these and it’s very accurate.
Guy, my woman talks me out of things the same way.

Too Tall

Ya, another precision rifle just isn't really needed at Camp Miner now, but I have committed to a couple of adventures this fall, and need to make sure there's enough cash on hand for those.

Guy

Back