N560 shows promise

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Testing N-560 with the 130 E-Tip in the 270 wsm..This 65.5 grain load looks to be a good one. I had to end the session early after the first two shots because thunder, lightning, and a downpour opened up, and didn't have time to wait it out..The chrono says they are at 3230..Got 4 more loaded up for a fresh start tomorrow...That's also pretty much max in my rifle with the e-tips. Max before the groups start to open up, not max pressure wise, but darned close. The target is a little soggy, but shows promise.....

Attachments

• 20180705_204435.jpg
    20180705_204435.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 396
I have always liked the VihtaVuori powders, and 560 has proven to be a favourite for me in a variety of cartridges.

That should prove to be a splendid hunting load! My goodness, accuracy, velocity and a great bullet.

(y)

Guy

DrMike":2e2ggu8t said:
I have always liked the VihtaVuori powders, and 560 has proven to be a favourite for me in a variety of cartridges.

I was hesitant to use it because there wasn't a reliable supply locally, but a local dealer now stocks it regularly. 560 is the first one I've used but so far in two rifles it has proven itself a winner. Accurate, fast, and clean. But it kind of meters like Lego blocks. But that's not an issue since I weigh charges anyway.

Guy Miner":jx3p62co said:
That should prove to be a splendid hunting load! My goodness, accuracy, velocity and a great bullet.

(y)

Guy

Guy, this 270 wsm has been super easy to load for..I'll have some head scratching to do come hunting season trying to pick a load..So far I have good loads using the E-Tip, AccuBond and Scirocco. Considering the choices, I could probably throw them in the air and pick the one that lands closest to me, and be good to go.
(y)

Much as I like N560, I settled on a load built of 130 grain E-Tip charged with 59.5 grains of RL17 for my 270 WSM. It gives me 3257 fps velocity and an accuracy of 0.4 inches at 100 yards. It has accounted for moose, elk, mule deer and whitetail. You're definitely on the right track with the 130 grain E-Tip.

Back