340 Weatherby

Europe

Handloader
Jun 18, 2014
Sako L691 or Weatherby Mark V Deluxe

Assume they were the same price, must be walnut stock, , both are used, but still in the original boxes, possibly unfired.

Which would you buy and why ? manufacturer, resale value, quality, etc

second question, possibly only for Bear 78----which can works best on this rifle ?

I would have to go with the WBY. deluxe, not be cause I think it's better but just like the shape and feel of the stock and I have owned quite a few including two 340's. Just my preference, never had the pleasure of owning a Sako.

While the Wby Deluxe rifles are beautiful rifles that shoot well, I would probably choose the Sako, and mostly because I find their actions to be smoother to operate, the fit and finish is usually very good and the accuracy great...but mostly the smoothness of the action.

I've experience with a 300 wby deluxe and the 340 wby in the accumark. I've also handled and shot many sako rifles. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. Both are going to be accurate, both are extremely well built. It boils down to which maker you like the best.

Now, if you had said "all weather" I would have chosen the accumark................. There is no beating the 340 wby in that set up.

I'd sell you a Wby Mark V in 340 if you were only in the US to be able to buy it.

Both of those rifles would be excellent choices.

thank you gentlemen

Gil and Charles---I agree, the Deluxe looks nice but I love the Sako rifles. However, the last rifle I bought was a Weatherby 257 Weatherby, that I love.

69gto---The stock of the weatherby IS very nice

I agree with charles, if it was an all weather accumark, the would be my choice and was. I do not own a sako

I should have clarified that while I have owned a Wby Ultralight Accumark and have handled, shot and hunted with a Wby Deluxe, I do not own a Wby at this time, I own 3 Sako's and am waiting on my 4th.

Weatherby all the way they barrelled with Krieger barrels now and the stocks are beautiful. The sakos are nice both are guarantee to shoot under moa and there's a problem with a Sako not ejecting empty the cases with certain Scopes mounted

Either or like Chuck says. Whichever fits the shooters style. The 340 is a monster. Hard to beat for an all around combo at crushing big game.

Back