My son's first rifle

bcd

Beginner
Sep 27, 2004
More than likley I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but anyway I just got my so a rogue rifles chipmunk 22lr for Christmas. So that it will be said he is only six, and last year he got a B.B. gun (my first one was passed along) for Christmas and he showed alot of responsability so my father and I decided to try it out. Since Christmas he has loved it and taken good care with it (my father or myself accompanying him) how he handles it and makes sure of a clear background of where he's pointing it. I was wandering if anyone has had any experience with one of these rifles, I got the bull barreled model which doesn't have any iron sights, but come with a base tht says that it will work with 3/4, 7/8, or 1'' tip-off rings, but I can't seem to find any around home.If any of you can give advice on this it would greatly be appreciated considering I can't help him to learn if he has no way to aim.

I was face with the same dillema about a year ago. I got him the little savage cub 22 but with the iron sites. Specifically the peep sites. I think a beginner should always start out learning on irons. Anyway no grave damage done. As far as the tip-off rings a quick trip to Wal-mart and less than $10 later ought to remedy the situation.

Back