Got my 9.3x62 back from gunsmith.

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Had it drilled and tapped for a EGW rail, also new sights mounted back on the barrel to get rid of the XS receiver sight. Gonna set the irons this weekend and the new nikon red dot. Also put it in a Hogue pillar bedded stock after it split my old fajen stock.
6077ca979595f9d8fe70308d6b6a43ba.jpg
b156fe227d87a06a30b2cead4cf31bd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! Probably my favorite cartridge to load for. Not so much shoot off the bench though lol.

ShadeTree":1qiqr80v said:
Very nice and a hammer of a cartridge. What kind of Mauser is it on?
As far as I can tell a large ring 98. Doesn’t have hardly any markings.

A great cartridge that has been woefully neglected this side of the pond. No doubt that you'll be pleased with the modifications.

DrMike":2j62ndq4 said:
A great cartridge that has been woefully neglected this side of the pond. No doubt that you'll be pleased with the modifications.
Thanks Dr Mike I had great luck with it last year, but realized I was struggling to see the sights good sometimes. Just mounted the red dot after work. Gonna sight it in tomorrow.
d91292ce89fc461fcbc9427b302eaee4.jpg

I built a 9.3X64, which I simply love. I would have been just as happy for moose and elk with the 9.3X62. I simply enjoy those wide frontal areas.

Great setup you have there. It should serve you well on just about any endeavor..My good friend was having a medium bore built and trying to decide between the 9.3x62 and a 35 Whelen A.I....I leaned as hard as I could on him for the 9.3, but he ended up going with the 35 Whelen Ackley Imp...

DrMike":jvnjg1ub said:
I built a 9.3X64, which I simply love. I would have been just as happy for moose and elk with the 9.3X62. I simply enjoy those wide frontal areas.
That’s a thumper!
I’ve had a fascination with the 9.3x62 since I was still in middle school reading some old African books. Both of my older brothers, my dad, and uncle all had 375 H&H rifles. I wanted to be a little different, it took awhile and finally had it done last year. The two deer I took with it last year the performance great. Something about carrying an old rifle in an equally old caliber.

hunter24605":jyqa16kg said:
Great setup you have there. It should serve you well on just about any endeavor..My good friend was having a medium bore built and trying to decide between the 9.3x62 and a 35 Whelen A.I....I leaned as hard as I could on him for the 9.3, but he ended up going with the 35 Whelen Ackley Imp...
Thanks! From what I’ve read those two are about a similar as you can get in the medium bores.

gbflyer":2lrjgla1 said:
Very nice. Great stopper in a flawless functioning action.
Thanks! I do really like the old action. I had to do a little work on the rails, but it cycles very smooth and fast now.

Those K98 are hard to kill, lots of them around here.
Two things I do not like about them:
The originals do not come in left-hand
The safety does not allow low scope-mounts. But that can be resolved with a replacement.

Still number one with our hounds-men (it's a requirement here that every wounded animal is searched with a trained and tested dog), because it can take a beating and it is very reliable.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":m1qvh2o1 said:
The safety does not allow low scope-mounts. But that can be resolved with a replacement.

Still number one with our hounds-men (it's a requirement here that every wounded animal is searched with a trained and tested dog), because it can take a beating and it is very reliable.

I’m debating on getting a scope friendly safety. Been looking at how to install them for a while now. It doesn’t look just too awfully hard, but I can’t make up my mind.

Cleveland48":18aov1mr said:
noslerpartition":18aov1mr said:

I’m debating on getting a scope friendly safety. Been looking at how to install them for a while now. It doesn’t look just too awfully hard, but I can’t make up my mind.

I've got a 9.3 x 62 in the very same action and found bolt handle clearance with the ocular to be more of a limiting factor than the safety. The current large ocular scopes make that challenging.

Very nice! I’ve got a 9.3x57 I’m dieing to do something with. Mine shoots real well with the irons but too darned high to be useful. I think I probably need to look at at a 270-286 around 2200 to keep the sights useful. Mine has the same safety as yours and I don’t really wanna change it. Was thinking of a low pro peep might work for it.

I’d sure like to make it useful. It’s a very pleasant rifle to carry and fire. Pretty mean little cartridge as well.

Back