New Montana X3 in 300 WSM

NYDAN

Handloader
Sep 17, 2013
I finally have my new Montana Rifle Company X3 in 300 WSM. Yesterday I mounted the bases, rings, and scope. I really like the looks of the S&K SKulptured bases and matching rings. Both rings have windage adjustability. I was able to bore sight the windage using the rings adjustments. I don't have an issue with the bottom metal color.

DSCN0336.JPG

DSCN0339.JPG

It looks like I could use Nosler factory ammo for elk hunting. The 180 gr. AB gave me a .8" group and the 190 gr. ABLR gave me a .97" group.

300WSM-180AB.jpg

300WSM-190ABLR.jpg

The trigger is really sweet. I have it adjusted down to about 3 lbs. I don't feel any movement when I squeeze it. It just breaks clean.

Color me happy.

Dan

Either of those groups will hunt, Dan. Good to see that you have the rifle in your hands. Looks as if you are set for the season.

That's a good looking gun and shoots good also with a hammer load. But someone had it backwards in the vice when they put it together...…..the bolt is on the wrong side??? :lol:

Outstanding! You're going to love hunting with that rifle!

Dan,

Congratulations on your Montana Rifle. Very sharp looking set up. Looks like she is a shooter and I would guess that it will only get better when you tune your own handloads.

JD338

That’s a great rifle Dan. I like the new X3’s. I think they’ve done a great job lightening them up as well. Great triggers as well from the few I’ve handled. They make a sweetheart in 6.5x284 that calls me a little.

That 190 ABLR load might be some kinda killer. My God, sleek and pretty tough. I know Guy always says to buy a case, but I’d probably just call Nosler and get their recipe and try to copy it.

Back