.224 Valkyrie in a Bolt Action

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
I shot my first .224 Valkyrie yesterday! What a hoot! A better cartridge than I had given it credit for, we easily rang steel out to 600. A friend put together an AR thus chambered for a small song and dance.

I'm not in love with the AR-style rifles personally, so I was wondering does anyone know if any of the current manufacturers are making or have plans to make a .224 Valkyrie caliber bolt action rifle of any sorts? Have any of you folks built one of your own?

I have a .22-250 that literally fills all my needs as a truck gun but this little load is just interesting enough for me to give it more than just a second glance.

Thanks -

Dale

Ha! Got a chance to shoot his rifle today.

We chronographed the 70 gr Nosler match bullet at about 2950 fps.

Accuracy was exceptional. Perhaps 1/2 MOA, at the outside?

I only fired a single three-shot group at 100 yards, then detonated some Tannerite at a few yards farther. :grin:

Really nice. No recoil.

WimRZPQl.jpg

Regards, Guy

I dig mine in the AR. It’d be pretty sweet in a bolt gun. It’s pretty wicked with 75 grain ELDs.

SJB358":3csy4bii said:
I dig mine in the AR. It’d be pretty sweet in a bolt gun. It’s pretty wicked with 75 grain ELDs.

He's building an AR Valkyrie next. Wanted to get some load info for it from a bolt action first. It's pretty cool - you're right!

Guy

Back