Interarms Mark x 375 H&H help

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
I’m eying said rifle currently. It has small crack started in the rear tang which I heard was common. My question is about replacement stocks. I thought about bedding the current stock, but just in case that doesn’t stop anymore splitting I’ve looked to aftermarket stocks. All I’ve found is stocks that says mini action or just regular action I guess. Would this caliber not require a magnum length action?? If so I can’t find one anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48":zbdy9t0i said:
I’m eying said rifle currently. It has small crack started in the rear tang which I heard was common. My question is about replacement stocks. I thought about bedding the current stock, but just in case that doesn’t stop anymore splitting I’ve looked to aftermarket stocks. All I’ve found is stocks that says mini action or just regular action I guess. Would this caliber not require a magnum length action?? If so I can’t find one anywhere.

Yes, these actions require a Magnum length action unfortunately.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Just have a good smith repair it with crossbolts and Accraglass. I had a repaired Mark X Alaskan in .458 WM that had a cracked wrist, behind the tang. The Whitworth Express's I've owned were all bedded properly with a an extra recoil lug under the barrel. Good luck to you Pard. Oh yeah, the Mark X in .375 H&H are just "opened up" Model 98 types. Not a true Mauser Magnum action.

Thanks guys I ended up missing out on the bid. I forgot to refresh my phone screen at work lol. It went for $460 [emoji17]

HAWKEYESATX":fa3gosdb said:
Man! That stinks!
That was a steal!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
I did manage to grab a very pristine condition mark x in 30/06 for $429 though. I don’t like this bidding stuff though lol. I sent the seller an email and when he replied his phone number was also listed. So at break I called him and told him I wanted it and no one had bid on it yet. So we just exchanged info and he ended the listing on it. Also when I called him he said that he had a Ruger mark 2 action just gathering dust, and he wanted it gone. He said if I wanted it he would just send it too at no cost. So lucked out I guess. Now I’ll have another action to hopefully build my daughter her first rifle. Not gonna lie I originally wanted the mark x for an action and rebarrel to another 9.3x62, or a 338-06. But with the photos he sent, the gun looks barely used and in great shape. Prolly just keep it the way it is. Maybe bed the action and that be all. I’ve never been a 30 caliber guy. Mainly 270 Winchester, but I’ve mainly owned various 6.5 mm’s since 2008. Guess it would be good for me to have an 06 lol. I’m thinking 165 partitions at the moment, and a set of dies lol.

Back