If I miss it's my fault.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Knocked the 250 savage load down 6/10 of a grain, that should put it about 2925 with the 87 gr hot cor. Also bumped the peep sight slightly back left.

Tacked the target up at 100 yds that I shot at the other day when it was roughly 2.75" to the right.

Shot it, and shot my peep sighted 8x57 which has proven to be spot on consistent with 150 hot cor's at 2850, each and every time I've shot it.

4" red circle......the 1920 hit a little low and left and the 8x57 was closer to center. That circle is hard to see with bare eyes at 100 so either one I'm happy with.

Not from today, but the Obendorf Mauser set up......1943 model. 50 grains of H4895 makes a near case full and with the bullet seated to the base of the neck it really likes that set up even though it's a mile off the lands. At 50 yds this gun is a for real tack driver.

Either of those will do just fine. Two great cartridges that are underused in North America. Here's to pulling for you to tag with one or the other.

Great rifles! And good shooting. Really like that old Mauser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 8x57 is right out there with the 30-06.
With nowadays powders and bullets, it is way beyond the WW2 cartridge.
If you can put it where it belongs, there are few animals you can't take within reasonable ranges.
Still very popular on my side of the pond

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Thanks all, probably off my rocker a bit as I have a couple of scoped rifles that I have a lot of confidence in, but I'm planning on using mostly 3 different iron sighted rifles.

Noslerpartition, you got that right, not only hangs with the 06, but with tailored hand loads dare I say can at times slightly best it when comparing top load to top load, with the same powder and bullet weight.

ShadeTree":205d8nvc said:
Thanks all, probably off my rocker a bit as I have a couple of scoped rifles that I have a lot of confidence in, but I'm planning on using mostly 3 different iron sighted rifles.

Noslerpartition, you got that right, not only hangs with the 06, but with tailored hand loads dare I say can at times slightly best it when comparing top load to top load, with the same powder and bullet weight.
With modern rifles you might push the pressure some. I have the rimmed version in a Drilling that is limited to 3300 bar. But with the right powder-bullet combo it is a different rifle than when it was built almost 70 years ago.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Back