Winchester brought back the M70 featherweight SS!

desertcj

Handloader
Sep 27, 2010
I noticed that they are offering this model again. I was wanting one in 7mm-08 for years and when I was finally able to afford one it was discontinued and I settled for the standard blues version. For some reason they aren't clambering the new stainless models in 7mm-08 though which seems crazy to me? It's one of my favorites and I like it better than .270 and 30-06. Oh well...lol. I have MY featherweight (y)

There is something attractive about the stainless featherweight. I own several, though none in 7mm-08. They make the shooter look good, even when it is a bad day. Mine are chambered in 7RM, 7WSM and 325WSM--love each of them.

7-08 is very popular with the light rifle crowd. Now if they’d just bring back the lefty’s [emoji1]

In a week moment I had my 250 Sav. Blued. It was bead blasted in the white and I didn't listen to the guy who said I should just have it painted. Miss that silver look and the Walnut. They are sharp! CL

gbflyer":2v91uowt said:
Now if they’d just bring back the lefty’s [emoji1]

Absolutely! Doesn't matter what their chambered in or what the finish is if that bolt handle is in your face 8)

264 Win Mag":3n54goh3 said:
gbflyer":3n54goh3 said:
Now if they’d just bring back the lefty’s [emoji1]

Absolutely! Doesn't matter what their chambered in or what the finish is if that bolt handle is in your face 8)

It seems with all the CNC, wire EDM, etc that the manufactures either possess or farm work out to, that writing up the G-code for us southpaws wouldn’t be that big of deal.

I’ve had 3 of the New Haven model 70 lefties built in the 90’s. Only one has stuck with me but I should have kept them all.

Back