Another 260....maybe

Slimfinn

Handloader
Nov 28, 2018
I'm not sure whats wrong with me, but for some reason I am thinking about picking up another 260 Rem. One of the funny thing is the 2 that have caught my eye are totally different Remington Model 7 CDL and Tikka CTR :? and I really shouldn't be thinking of either being as they both would nearly duplicate something I already have(ruger 77 260 made into a compact, ruger predator 260, tikka m695 continental hunter 25-06) and in the next couple years I maybe rebarreling a left hand rem 700 to a 260 for my southpaw daughter(but that doesnt count).. I guess I am just thinking out loud to convince myself to keep my hands in my pockets.
Slim

Man, did you pick the wrong forum to attempt to have someone talk you out of spending money on another rifle! :lol: Duplicates can be great fun, though they are hard to justify from a purely logical standpoint. Then, again, when were rifle cranks ever logical about what they like and what they shoot? (y)

Sounds like you love the 260 Rem (not a bad thing! LOL) and are looking for a reason to have another in a longer barrelled version to go with your compact. Not a bad idea at all! One for the brush country and one for open country! And it's Christmas time to boot!
As for your southpaw daughter (another shooter in her right mind! LOL), it would be a great cartridge for her! Also nice to have ammo, and maybe brass, dies and other components on hand to help tailor a load for her rifle when built.
The LH Model 700 CDL is a great rifle (and platform). I built my custom 250AI on that rifle.

Back