6 Creedmoor and 204 Ruger to the range

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A brisk 32 this morning, sidewalks & streets very icy. So... Loaded the Jeep, headed to the range.
ZtDgzlTl.jpg

204 Ruger, CZ 527, 4.5-14x Leupold. Handloaded 35 gr Berger HP flat base varmint bullets:
QfIdrtfl.jpg

Just under 1/2" at 100 yards:
jfmyMRBl.jpg

Big Ugly Ruger 6 Creedmoor, Vortex scope, Hornady factory 108 gr ELD match ammo:
09PIbVRl.jpg

Looks under 3/4" with potential for more! After this group, I took used it on the 400 yard gong. Shoots great!
5muxzl6l.jpg

I enjoyed these two accurate, no/low recoil rifles tremendously.

Guy

Awesome. A day at the range beats a day at work any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palouser":hwaoyfrn said:
Awesome!!!! Looks like it shoots well! Light recoiling rifles are so much fun!
I fully agree!
I was able to hit beer bottles at 250 yds with an old Model 96 Swedish Mauser with open sights, for that simple reason.... little, or no recoil. The 6.5x55 round isn't punishing, and it shoots flat and is accurate.
Not as flat shooting, or as accurate as Guy's new rifle, especially over distances.
Guy got an exceptional deal!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I was on “Back Door” cleanup with a guy shooting the 6mm Creedmoor. The man is a professional predator controller for the Dept of Livestock in Montana. Was surprised how little fur damage it did on coyotes. I seen him roll one up at 435 yards.

Too Tall

Outstanding shooting Guy, it sure is fun shooting the little calibers and they have no recoil. I can't wait for that 1:8 twist 6 BR that is being built. I have not seen many of us shooting those .20 calibers, its sure a blast to shoot.

TackDriver284":1rmbi42b said:
I have not seen many of us shooting those .20 calibers, its sure a blast to shoot.

Danged bullets are too small to hold onto in order to get them in the cases.

SJB358":dz7oxneb said:
TackDriver284":dz7oxneb said:
I have not seen many of us shooting those .20 calibers, its sure a blast to shoot.

HaHa, so true. Smallest I ever loaded was 6mm.

I know a .243 makes coyotes summersault when hit in the vitals! LOL

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

TackDriver284":mqsfrz6i said:
SJB358":mqsfrz6i said:
TackDriver284":mqsfrz6i said:

HaHa, so true. Smallest I ever loaded was 6mm.

Even the tiny .224 50-55's are too small.. Been sticking to the 75+ ones lately... :lol:

Back