26 degrees at the rifle range today

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Sorry guys, didn't snap a single photo. Fingers were cold! Snowy, overcast and 26 degrees at the range this morning.

Put the little Tasco back on my 22 Marlin 39A and got that rascal dialed in at 25 yards, then had a blast slinging Remington 22's downrange for a while. Good fun. Everybody ought to go shoot a 22 now and then. It's just a lot of grins.

Popped the 4.5-14x Leupold atop the CZ 527, 204 Ruger not long ago. Wanted to check zero at 100 yards with the 40 gr Hornady V-Max over BLC(2). Yup. Dead on. Danged thing shoots so flat, I hold center mass at 100, 200 and 300 yards. Coyotes beware!

And... as the cougar hunt heats up a bit... :grin: I thought I'd better check the 30-06, which I don't think I'd fired since taking the antelope in October. PERFECT! The 165 Nosler Ballistic Tip was still just a little high at 100, dead on at 200 and only a tad low at 300. The rifle seems to shoot awfully flat, and stays under MOA, no problem. I still love that 6x Leupold I popped on there last year. Very nice, clear scope.

So - all is well - I didn't freeze - and it was a productive morning at the range. Very satisfying. Glad I've hauled my 204 out of the safe and put a different scope on it. That seems to be an excellent matchup.

Guy

Guy it was 20 degrees here this mourning and no I didn't go to the range. We had fog freezing on everything. The snow covered ground was warmer then the ambient air.
I do have a bunch of stuff loaded to shoot when I get a chance but from the sound of things theirs another storm headed my way.
Glad you could get out and good luck with the Lion.

Guy- your post made me think of one that I did a LONG time ago about a trip to the range in Feb. 2009. "Well- it was warm in town..." Goodness Ive been lurking here a long time!! Made me smile a shed a tear as I related reloading with Dad. I was tougher then!! and maybe not so smart :) . Glad that I wrote it down then.
So as not to high jack your thread, there is a link to the post below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9851&hilit=warm+in+town

please reply to that there if you wish.

Always enjoyed the cold (what I could stand of it) if the sun was shinning. Glad you had an invigorating and enjoyable trip!! CL

Later this morning, I will drive about 15 minutes from home and shoot at "my new favorite thing", an underground, 100yd indoor range, ha! Otherwise, I'd have to drive 25 miles and up to right at 5200ft! I'm not sure "what the thermostat is set for, last time it was about 75 deg! I'm so happy....:)

14 out this morning. Sent a few down range waiting for the excavator to warm up. Job site is right on the way[emoji1]

Back