350 Legend

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Just learned that CMMG has introduced AR-15 style rifles for the new 350 Legend round, tailor made for those states now allowing straight-wall rifle cases for deer hunting!

Guy

It's been my experience that some people DO need 10 rounds to kill a deer! (To paraphrase some of the left-wing whackos).

Anything that brings interest and people to the sport and our rights is a good thing.

Looks like a cool cartridge.
The low recoil should make it ideal for the kids too.

JD338

Any new 35 cal round can only be a good thing for us fans of that caliber. I would love to get my hands on those 265 gr subsonic bullets to try in my 358 and 35 Whelen even though it is only a .357 cal bullet. Trail Boss would probably be perfect for that. If the right single shot or bolt gun comes out in the round I could see one of them following me home ;)

I suspect that T/C may well offer barrels in 350 Legend for their single shot rifles...

An AR with the equivalent ballistics of a .35REM would be pretty darn interesting.

It'd also be interesting in a Contender rifle...

I can see it for a kids rifle as JD mentions, but I don’t see it replacing my 450 Bushmaster. The recoil on that is completely tolerable, and the 350 does not appear to have any notable ballistic advantage.

Not sure how this attachment will turn out, it should be case and chamber dimension of the 350 Legend, which if winchester builds there xpr with the bore dia could be a problem for someone trying to shoot .358 bullets. The case and the bullets used in factory ammunition are proprietary to the legend. Also the development of this round was partnered with CMMG who as far as I can tell only offer AR platforms, hence thats why their uppers where hitting the market as soon as winchester announced the "Legend". In my opinion Winchester didnt do hunters how wanted bolt guns that meet restricted rifle zones any favors. And they also did a good job at cherry picking when they make their claims on just what this round will do in factory ammunition. If been shooting and reloading the 357 maximum for over 3 years now in a TC Encore platform, these cases are 1.6 inches, I can push a speer 180gr flat point (.358 hotcore) over 2400fps . And the gun will shoot better that I can hold with a 9x scope at 100yds, on a good day for me 1 inch groups. For folks that hunt with the ar platform and shoot factory ammo it should do ok if you keep your yardage with in reason. Screenshot_2019-01-28-18-36-02-1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The chamber attachment didnt show up, so just so ya know it show .346 for a bore dia. Of the rifle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back